Kylie Minogue | Page 2630 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie Minogue

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Weezerfan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Yes let's get a residency in the UK please.

Seeing Metallica tour two nights in each city (night 1 and 2 both having completely different setlists) is an exciting twist that I'd love to see more artists play with. Imagine Kylie doing a greatest hits night, followed by a deep cuts gig the night after.

My deep cuts wishlist would include the following:

Confide in Me / Surrender / Falling / Automatic Love
    Did It Again / Jump / Breathe / Cowboy Style
    Still Standing / Promises / Chocolate / After Dark
    Like a Drug / Sensitized / The One / Speakerphone
    Everything is Beautiful / Can't Beat the Feeling / Looking for an Angel
    Kiss Me Once / Timebomb / Giving You Up

burntoutcar and HorseTears like this.
  2. Isn't "Confide In Me" likely to appear in the Greatest Hits setlist though? It's basically a tour staple, appearing on every setlist since Intimate & Live, including A Kylie Christmas, with the exception of KYLIEX2008, Anti Tour (obviously), Kiss Me Once Tour and Summer 2015.

3. Conveniently, Kylie doesn't really need to look further than her own discography to find a large selection of covers that could make her Vegas setlist—"The Locomotion," "Tears On My Pillow," "Give Me Just A Little More Time," "Celebration," "Under The Influence Of Love," "Physical," "The Winner Takes It All," "Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)," "Night Fever" and "Marry The Night."

And then there's all of the songs that she's already covered on tour that she could perform again—"My Girl," "Blame It On The Boogie," "ABC," "Dance To The Music," "Help!" "Love Train," "Dancing Queen," "Should I Stay Or Should I Go?" "The Sound Of Music," "The Crying Game," "Rhythm Of The Night," "I Feel Love," "Over The Rainbow," "Copacabana," "There Must Be An Angel (Playing With My Heart)," "Need You Tonight," "Bette Davis Eyes," "Islands In The Stream," "SOS" and "Blue Velvet."

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    torontodj likes this.
  4. The Queen of covers!

5. Imagine a set list with all these songs on it….I love Kylie but Hell on Earth.

MilesAngel and YourLeadSinger like this.
  6. Maybe it'll be like a cabaret-type show with hits and standards. Some of the above songs would be good choices but I'm sure it'll be well-crafted for the target audience. I don't think Kylie could do a bad show so I'm sure this will be great. I was in Vegas this summer so not sure I could swing another trip... I'll certainly try though.

Wayne1978 likes this.
  7. There are a couple of songs on here that I shudder at the thought of.

That being said, the Loveboat section of KYLIEX2008 was very Vegas. I'm not saying that it's good or bad, but it was very Vegas.

blod likes this.
  8. X tour would have been a 10 out of 10 without the horrible Loveboat section. So let’s hope there is no inspiration from that.

9. It was definitely out of place during KYLIEX2008, mainly because it was more or less taken directly from the On A Night Like This tour and given a budget.

I genuinely feel like Kylie will lean in her most campiest instincts for her Vegas residency.

10. Am sure a Kylie Las Vegas residency, will make the Showgirl and Homecoming tours, look tame in comparison.

Wayne1978 and YourLeadSinger like this.
  11. I hate that section so much.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  12. Always a skip that part whenever I rewatch it.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  13. I enjoyed it on the On A Night Like This tour.

14. 542FEC5A-CD2F-49DF-B65A-52306EF61A14.jpeg

As always.

Wishlight, blod, Booers and 3 others like this.
  15. Replace Copacabana with a Better The Devil You Know performance and the boat section would have been fine.

VeryPSB likes this.
  16. Adora Day likes this.
  17. I was talking about the songs she chose to perform/promote live. I think Everyday’s Like Christmas was performed once and the rest was covers. Winter Wonderland (a song that feels more like a cute interlude on the album) being what was chosen to showcase on Graham Norton, made my head spin.

18. Yeah, my only problem with Kylie Christmas (aside from Only You) is that they did nothing with it.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  19. Looking back, am glad but also very surprised we got the Snow Queen re issue for it.

20. Yeah but that was probably to justify the extra dates at the RAH.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.