Kylie Minogue

he / him
Has anyone found some concrete info about the Rest Of Our Lives demo?
Some users are uploading the track on TikTok saying it's a Tension outtake, but that lenght, those build-ups and EDM beatdrops totally scream 2013 to me.
I do really think it might belong to the same sessions that brought Skirt to us, as I've read someone else, more reliable, saying it dates back to the early KMO recordings overseen by Roc Nation.
I had to check this out after reading "same sessions that brought Skirt to us," "EDM" and "Roc Nation," but "Rest Of Our Lives" is a mess. Out of all of the tracks in her vault, Kylie decided to revisit this?! The verses were passable, I guess. It's just the chorus that is hideously dated.

What Kind of Fool
Better The Devil You Know
I Believe In You
Can't Get You Out Of My Head
I Should Be So Lucky
Hand On Your Heart
Spinning Around
All The Lovers
Into The Blue
Padam Padam
Word Is Out
Some Kind Of Bliss
Say Something
Confide In Me
Dancing
Slow
2 Hearts

What Kind of Fool
Better The Devil You Know
I Believe In You
Can't Get You Out Of My Head
I Should Be So Lucky
Hand On Your Heart
Spinning Around
All The Lovers
Into The Blue
Padam Padam
Word Is Out
Some Kind Of Bliss
Say Something
Confide In Me
Dancing
Slow
2 Hearts

These lists have inspired me to update my "ultimate" (8+/10) Kylie playlist with her leads up top...

Looking at everyone’s lead single rankings, it’s funny to see CGYOOMH so low but I totally understand it. It’s been so overplayed, I don’t ever seek it out or voluntarily listen to it so it’s easy to forget what a beast it is! I have to remind myself how OBSESSED I was with it on release, I listened to it over and over and couldn’t get enough of it (perhaps that’s part of the reason I’m so sick of it now). Anyway there’s a reason why it’s her signature song.

I'll never get tired of Can't Get You Out of My Head. It's Kylie's biggest hit for a reason. Little 8 year old me's life was changed forever when I saw the music video for the first time.
I’m curious how Americans receive it versus everyone else. I know I adore it as much as the first day I heard it, but perhaps Kylie’s more traditional markets might be particularly over saturated?

By the end of 2002, I could only listen to the Blue Monday mix as it was so inescapable. I love it again now but for a long time it got on my nerves, especially when Kylie wheels it out at promotional opportunities as if she has no other backcatologue. I'm surprised they didn't have a Christmas mix ready to go for Kylie Christmas.

The original was overplayed and it didn’t help that (controversial opinion?) the song doesn’t lend itself to live renditions/reincarnations very well, so it was always difficult to get excited about it again every time she would perform it. Unlike other songs that have been reinvented very successfully in several different forms through the years. But really, it’s a masterpiece.

I know she's been reusing some tour versions as of late so I wouldn't mind this version of Head making an appearance again, it's one of the best tour versions of the song.

Can't Get You Out Of My Head, will never disappear from Kylie's live shows and seeing how huge it was, has every right to stay there as well.

As much as (DON'T shoot me) I'm not the biggest fan of the song. I understand it's significance and appreciate it's popularity. And it NEEDS to be part of any of her mainstream tours.
Just the same way I feel about Steps Tragedy. Personally I could do without it. Yet without it, is it really a Kylie show?