Kylie Minogue

Aphrodite is very much of its time but I still love it. I have so many happy memories of that summer when it came out.
One of my favourite ones was at school when my geography teach screamed down the hall to me “I downloaded Kylie’s new single!” And also her shock when I said that I’d bought 3 different versions of it.

The b-sides I could mostly skip though. Heartstrings is cute. Silence is okay. Go Hard or Go Home is decent actually, a little unfinished maybe. The strongest is Mighty Rivers, love it.

he/him
I think you either get this album or you don't. I don't get it. It was like career suicide. To me it's always been tuneless garbage.

Just because the album may not have sounds you enjoy doesn’t make it “tuneless”… this is such an outdated and honestly, closed minded way of assessing music. Body Language has melodies and hooks, no less than any of other more dance-pop oriented albums.

I’d rather the Body Language haters just say they don’t care for R&B music rather than tiptoe around it and call it tuneless.

I was a Golden defender and I must say, I don’t return to it much. Body Language, on the other hand, has never been a personal favourite but there’s something about it that makes me return to it. I probably disliked it at the time because part of the album was too blatantly geared at the U.S. market for my liking and a few tracks felt off balance in some way. Then there was the Toxic mishap. But the album was always interesting to listen to. It had a semblance of a vision and some form of daring… now I’d love to be able to say about Tension, but I know I’ll only be setting myself up for disappointment.

Just because the album may not have sounds you enjoy doesn’t make it “tuneless”… this is such an outdated and honestly, closed minded way of assessing music. Body Language has melodies and hooks, no less than any of other more dance-pop oriented albums.

I’d rather the Body Language haters just say they don’t care for R&B music rather than tiptoe around it and call it tuneless.
Not really just a difference of opinion. I’m well versed in song structure, chord progressions and melody, thank you To know what I find lacking in decent melody.

The b-sides I could mostly skip though. Heartstrings is cute. Silence is okay. Go Hard or Go Home is decent actually, a little unfinished maybe. The strongest is Mighty Rivers, love it.

Change Your Mind (unreleased) is the only snub from the era imo. The album would benefit from a quieter, moodier moment and Change Your Mind was exactly that. The lyrics are quite devastating but thematically it’s not that different to Everything Is Beautiful.

Change Your Mind (unreleased) is the only snub from the era imo. The album would benefit from a quieter, moodier moment and Change Your Mind was exactly that. The lyrics are quite devastating but thematically it’s not that different to Everything Is Beautiful.
It’s okay! Definitely more contemporary than some of the other tracks.

I think Higher deserves an honorary mention as well, what a banger.