Kylie Minogue

Hearing in the Podcast that Kylie binned the unused negatives from that photoshoot was tough to hear. I'm guessing there is not much in the way of unreleased photos from around that time.

Loved the story in the podcast that they recently wanted Kylie to recreate the ironing scene for a charity photo but that the Mugler corset has gone missing. #popinjustice.

What Do I Have To Do, has also arguably Kylie's greatest single artwork of all time too:
1200x1200bb.jpg
I always wanted this in a large print with metallic embossing on the letters and circles.

I appreciate why you feel like that but fans laying every bad choice at Parlophone's door also robs Kylie of her own agency. It's her and WIlliam Baker who co-created her photoshoot looks so if those X-era images didn't connect that's hardly Parlophone's fault. It's also been intimated that it was Kylie herself who pushed for "2 Hearts".

Kylie clearly thinks back and appraises each chapter of her career and understands when things didn't blow up and then attacks the next chapter in a different way (although she's guilty of holding on to some key people maybe a bit too long).

he / him
I appreciate why you feel like that but fans laying every bad choice at Parlophone's door also robs Kylie of her own agency.
I've always thought that it was very backhanded to try and lay no fault with Kylie over what are considered poor decisions in her career, essentially painting her as a puppet with no agency.

Like the amount of times that fans have called singles that they don't love "contractually obligated singles," which paints Kylie as a terrible businesswoman, signing contracts to release supposedly mid singles.

Last edited:
he / him
Aside from not giving Kylie enough time to finish the album and rush releasing it, Body Language and its era were great though. Money Can't Buy was such a serve. "Slow" is a legitimate classic, while "Red Blooded Woman" and "Chocolate" are both worthy entries into Kylie's single discography. The album and its singles might not have been as big as Fever and its singles, but that shouldn't take away from what it got right.

Aside from not giving Kylie enough time to finish the album and rush releasing it, Body Language and its era were great though. Money Can't Buy was such a serve. "Slow" is a legitimate classic, while "Red Blooded Woman" and "Chocolate" are both worthy entries into Kylie's single discography. The album and its singles might not have been as big as Fever and its singles, but that shouldn't take away from what it got right.

Body Language, X and Kiss Me Once all have great songs. They’re albums and campaigns that needed tweaks to be excellent.

Body Language, was and will always be a great album for me. My first ever Kylie era and I adore that time for that fact alone.

Body Language, X and Kiss Me Once all have great songs. They’re albums and campaigns that needed tweaks to be excellent.
All three of them had signs of such as clear vision, that for some reason they got scared of and ended up chart-chasing instead. Suppose the charts were so cutthroat then and you had to keep momentum going, speed/timing was more important than artistry.