Kylie Minogue

Now we said it! The synth/guitar from the album version is so much of what defines the song for me. I’m still bitter that the US radio mix stripped it. If it’s even present in the live mixes I’ve listened to in recent years, it’s way too low in the mix.

I sort of like how the American album version doesn't have the instrumental fade out/back in ("Was tired of running out of luck/Thinking 'bout giving up yeah") and then other times I miss it. I'm not really sure why they did that, other than perhaps it was an element of French nu-disco that they thought US audiences wouldn't get?

I sort of like how the American album version doesn't have the instrumental fade out/back in ("Was tired of running out of luck/Thinking 'bout giving up yeah") and then other times I miss it. I'm not really sure why they did that, other than perhaps it was an element of French nu-disco that they thought US audiences wouldn't get?

What? The literal best bit of the song?

I love the Ruff & Jam mix (and, of course, the original album version.) I do agree that in recent years the Love at First Sight live arrangements have felt a little... limp. What do y'all think are her best performances of the song?

I love the Ruff & Jam mix (and, of course, the original album version.) I do agree that in recent years the Love at First Sight live arrangements have felt a little... limp. What do y'all think are her best performances of the song?
For me it's KylieX2008/For You For Me Tour in terms of a live arrangement.
Weirdly enough the album version as a studio recording always gives me a massive rush but I don't think the KylieFever2002 performance gave it justice.
I enjoy the Kiss Me Once/Golden/basically every live performance since 2014 mix but that arrangement absolutely needs changed.

he / him
Speaking of the Ruff & Jam Radio Mix, I'm actually surprised that US Mixes haven't been more common in Kylie's career. There's the aforementioned Ruff & Jam Mix of "Love At First Sight" and the US Mix of "Better The Devil You Know."

And "All I See (feat. MIMS)" at a stretch.

Speaking of the Ruff & Jam Radio Mix, I'm actually surprised that US Mixes haven't been more common in Kylie's career. There's the aforementioned Ruff & Jam Mix of "Love At First Sight" and the US Mix of "Better The Devil You Know."

And "All I See (feat. MIMS)" at a stretch.

Wasn't there a godawful second radio mix of "Get Outta My Way" with the percussion turned UP and mastering to loud and flat?

My Apple Music massively acting up again - nearly all of the PWL songs are replaced with their backing track versions (including album tracks).
I'm really curious what's happening and also if anyone has any advice on how to turn this off please share.

This might be a controversial opinion and for the record I absolutely adore Steve Anderson, but I really wish Kylie would perform a live version of Love at First Sight that was closer to the studio mix. I get that for such an overplayed song it needed updating for certain tours but most versions we've had over the years all feel a bit too thin and frantic for such a singalong anthem.

At Glastonbury you can see a lot of the crowd don't even realise what song she was doing until the chorus. Even just play the studio instrumental - that guitar riff and the drums are an eargasm and still sound fresh to this day it's criminal not to capture that properly!

Still the best version for me -

The US radio mix of "Get Outta My Way" is diabolical.

I lowkey prefer the single version that was released on an official CD single even if it's just slightly different to the album version. But I feel like it's not as busy, since there's less of vocal takes being used and the verses especially sound more atmospheric to me.

The Ruff & Jam US Radio Mix is the definitive mix for me. Brings me so much joy and the original just feels flat for me.

Our album version is the same as the original though. It was only changed on the US Single Mix.

I lowkey prefer the single version that was released on an official CD single even if it's just slightly different to the album version. But I feel like it's not as busy, since there's less of vocal takes being used and the verses especially sound more atmospheric to me.

I noticed it in the video and was hoping it was the version on the single! I love that version. Kicking myself for not buying the single now. It wasn’t on Step Back In Time right?

No, everybody forgot about its exsistence including Kylie's team, haha!

Some fans are still unaware to this day since it was never advertised as such and the digital version across all platforms uses the standard album mix.

Some fans are still unaware to this day since it was never advertised as such and the digital version across all platforms uses the standard album mix.
Yeah, I felt kinda crazy at the time because no one else was talking about it ddd. Definitely the best version of the song. Oh well, maybe it’ll pop up again (Parlophone Kylie singles boxset, when?).

They/them, he/him
My Apple Music massively acting up again - nearly all of the PWL songs are replaced with their backing track versions (including album tracks).
I'm really curious what's happening and also if anyone has any advice on how to turn this off please share.

I deleted the backing tracks- and then the originals albums appeared! Weird!