Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

92 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Yes there's a 4-point difference to Shocked from me too but I'm going with the version on the Spotify playlist which is the album version. Hopefully the single mixes (Where is the Feeling?, Finer Feelings, Breathe etc.) will appear in parts 2 or 3.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  2. I’d say just rate the version you like the most, unless we are instructed to rate the album versions.

3. The best reworking tho?

From a strong 8,5

to an 11

Maybe doing what the gays want works sometimes.

inevitable, Island, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  4. Exactly, everything could be a 10 thanks to their Steve Anderson tour reworkings - Heartbeat Rock and Beautiful are another two examples of a vast improvement. So I'm sticking to the album versions, inferior as most of them are.

5. Is it just me or is the album version of What Do I Have To Do not on Spotify anymore?

6. 'The Loco-motion', 'What Do I Have To Do?', 'Shocked', 'Finer Feelings', 'Come Into My World', 'Chocolate', 'Wow' 'The One' and 'Get Outta My Way' all have "single versions", but they aren't too different from their album versions so it's completely up to the person rating which one they decide to score.

However 'Where Is The Feeling?' is a drastic transformation so that's why I placed it separately.

Music Is Death, Maki, Robert and 10 others like this.
  7. Any time.

8. Good way of doing it. And all are so subtle re workings, yet also stand out in their own rights compared to the album mix. Genius really!

9. Finished rating the debut album and I’m a little disappointed to discover the average score over all was 6.6/10. Tracks like The Loco-Motion, I Miss You and I’ll Still Be Loving You really let it down.

Turn It Into Love, however, remains a bubblegum pop masterpiece that should have been released as a single globally!

10. I'm in. It's been a while since I revisited K's full discography, I'm looking forward to see if I can still claim X to be my fave Kylie album.

11. X, is such a mixed bag for me. I almost don't quite understand the love for it almost as much perhaps other fans don't get my own love for Body Language. That's what's so great being a Kylie fan. She has so many albums and songs of different sounds and styles. And we all have our favourites.

Maki likes this.
  12. The single version is showing up in the album for me as well, that must have been recently changed, Apple Music still has the album version
    Re: Rhythm Of Love, am I the only one who feels that the sound is way too low compared with the other PWL albums

13. Enjoy Yourself has to be her worst album (Alongside Let’s Get To It), such a chore listening to it despite being short.

Enjoy Yourself (the song) is great though and kinda iconic.

14. [​IMG]

Here is where it all begins. Kylie Minogue's debut album simply titled Kylie

I actually think as an album this one is quite underrated in the pop landscape. I mean, yes it is undeniably late 80's SAW sounding but the songs themselves are genuinely good pop and the singles especially hold up so well. Anyway...

The 10's were easy for me to pick, firstly I've always loved 'It's No Secret', Kylie getting to show off those vocal chops. Then there is one of the most iconic pop songs ever, 'I Should Be So Lucky'. Musically it's unashamedly cheesy pop and it's the most joyous kind, but lyrically it's quite sad and I think PWL were very clever in that juxtaposition... Other singles like 'Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi' and 'Got To Be Certain' (both 9's) and the "lost" single 'Turn It Into Love' (8) are so strong, 'The Loco-Motion' gets a 4 from me because I can appreciate the thing but bloody hell am I bored of it!

Then you have a couple of quite good album tracks, in 'Look My Way' (6) which is a more Americanized style of 80's pop and the genuinely sweet 'Love At First Sight' (7), and a couple of meh album tracks in 'I'll Still Be Loving You' (4) which got a couple of extra points because of it's inclusion on the recent Golden tour, and the terrible 'I Miss You' (1).

Overall it's a strong debut and a great way to kick this rate off.​

15. Why do Kylie fans hate Loco-Motion? So puzzling!

16. Hmm I appreciate that perspective. I've never thought of it in that context before. Of course there's still a level of nostalgia attached, and I'm not sure I'll ever properly vibe with the PWL/SAW sound, but I'll once again try my hardest.

17. It’s adorable and I wouldn’t mind if it got remade and was given a cute little throwback early 90’s looking video

berserkboi and Island like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

The Christophe Willem Sensitized duet is better than the solo version ddd:

berserkboi likes this.
  19. It's hard not to like it when you have this:

berserkboi likes this.

20. One of Kylie's greatest album cuts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.