Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 142 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

92 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. ....And I was right - three (or possibly more) Impossible Princess-era songs in a row.
    GBI leaves at a good place but I wish Drunk stayed a bit longer.
    I think we could do with some latter-day Parlophone eliminations and leave the Impossible Princess era alone.

2. I’m amazed we are losing Impossible Princess era tracks when any of Kiss Me Once remains!

G.B.I. is a loss and definitely shouldn’t be out yet

3. Kylie opened up my mind to trance music with the club banger that Drunk is. It's amusing to see her perform it at the Anti tour while sat down, because it's so jumpy it makes me want to hula-hoop myself to Mars.

P'NutButter and elektroxx like this.
  4. This Impossible Princess cull is clearing my pores, making my headache go away, providing a nice breeze on a hot summer day, etc.

unnameable and Mirwais Ahmadzaï like this.
  5. Who hurt you?

6. With this rate, where do I start?

Untouchable Ace and Robert like this.
  7. As the lowest voter for "Drunk", I have to confess I like the album Golden more than Impossible Princess on balance

roborovsky likes this.
  8. Drunk is immense! I still remember that fake out ending halfway through getting me on my first listen. And the sublime "time and space..." mantra that echoes out for the last minute too. How one song can have so many moments. Wow.

Was a very close second for my Decon 11, and a top five Kylie track for me. So, bit of a travesty really.

nikkysan, Crisp X, Maki and 2 others like this.

9. @nanafan - 10 Gorgeous. This was a moment on the Intimate & Live Tour when she hit "that" note. Love the use of vocals from this in the Big Brothers Mix of Confide In Me.
    @hawkings24 - 10 An underrated song in my opinion.
    @Andsov - 10 Her best ballad, hands down. Her voice is stunning, so are the lyrics and the melody. Pretty much everything I need.
    @Hudweiser - 9.5 A stunning pie in the face to anyone who ever said Kylie can't sing.
    @CasperFan - 9 Kylie has never sounded more beautiful than she does here. Gorgeous song, epic climax.
    @mrdonut - 7.5 I get the Bond theme allusion and her vocals are great. It’s just that the first two thirds are a bit ‘late night Magic FM’ for me.
    @M24 - 6.5 Love her vocals here and how the production becomes more upbeat and jazzy towards the end of the song. Overall she reminds me here of the Madonna from "I'm Breathless". I would've chosen this as a single over "Put Yourself In My Place".

M24, GimmeWork, DJHazey and 22 others like this.
  10. WHAT??????!?!?!?!?

11. I bet Dannii was seething.

12. Okay, what??? These eliminations don't make sense anymore. Abort rate! Let's just crown Confide In Me as the best Kylie song ever and call it a day.

Phonetics Boy, elektroxx and Ramalama like this.
  13. This is my first real loss :(

P'NutButter likes this.
  14. I forgot about this one. It's probably one of my lowest rated KM94 songs and this is an album that I find underrated overall.

P'NutButter, Maki and Verandi like this.
  15. Interesting thing about the rate this time around is that 'Automatic Love' has beaten 'Where Is The Feeling? (Album Version)', 'Surrender' and 'Dangerous Game', when in the Deconstruction rate it fell before all of them!

16. After some of my legitimate faves getting knocked out too soon, I feel at peace now with Dangerous Game leaving since I don’t particularly care for it. The universe works in mysterious ways!

Verandi and Maki like this.
  17. Dangerous Game is an epic song! I'm glad it lasted so long. All of my 11s are still in the game as well which is great.

18. Oh so the Deconstruction culling has well and truly begun...

Golden and Kiss Me Once have stuff that should’ve fucked off well and truly before any of these last few cuts!

19. "Drunk" is amazing - I gave it a 9.5, and it's in my top 5 from "Impossible Princess". The production is excellent., which applies to the entire album. If the verses were a bit better, I would've given it a 10. The chorus, however, is awesome and really shines wth that beat. And, whew, that outro!
    A very undeserving elimination, I'm a bit surprised it didn't even reach top 70.

"Dangerous Game" , on the other hand, is a perfectly fine elimination at this point. It's that typical mid-90's AC ballad that could be sung by anyone (who can sing) and the melody gives it away the most. It's just a bit boring and faceless to be conaiderd a big highlight. Also, I wish the melody assimilated a bit with the sadness of the lyrics. I do love the Bond-esque strings and the overall production, as well as her fantastic vocal perfornance and delivery.
    I settled on a 7 in the end, which placed it in the bottom half of the album for me.

That's what I was about to say!
    As it should be. "Automatic Love" is definitely the best non-single from the album and I'm glad we collectively agreed on that.

P'NutButter likes this.
  20. I feel like some people have been calling for this one to exit for the last fortnight...

[​IMG]

Illusion 7.9

Highest Score: 10 x 9 @WhatKindOfKylie?, @OSHi, @SlowGinFizzzz, @Jacques,
    @GimmeWork, @fatyoshi, @Markus1981, @Ana Raquel, @Maki
    Lowest Score: 4 x 1 @Adora Day

@M24 - 8.5 The explosion of synths and Kylie's "oh oh oh"s make it pop heaven.
    @mrdonut - 8 Possibly the Aphrodite album track most deserving of more praise than it receives.
    @Verandi - 7 Filler-ish. Imagine if one of the B-sides was in its place.
    @nanafan - 7 Solid album track.
    @Andsov - 5 It's the Promises of Aphrodite. Not bad, but very dull.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.