Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 144 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

92 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Damn, @P'NutButter. You had me worried for a second there that I'd have to eat my words after saying "Wow" was a shoo-in for the Top 50.

"2 Hearts" is cute, but it definitely was the wrong choice for her comeback single. That being said, The Twelves Remix slaps and probably would've fit X much better.

2. Why are people pretending that Wow is anything less than a bop?

Good riddance to 2 Hearts, not a good song and definitely not a lead single material.

3. Uno

Uno

2 Hearts should’ve been out before most PWL songs y’all did dirty.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  4. 2 Hearts, as a song not bad. And fair enough for Kylie for trying something different and less expected. But, it really doesn't scream lead single. X could have gotten off to a much better start and she could have had her 8th #1 in the UK with The One. Read once that 2 Hearts was initially #2 in the mid week's but obviously couldn't hold on. We'll never know of course, but The One would have been at least top 2 I think.

5. Just as I was bout to complain how "2 Hearts" outlasting some proper gems. The chorus is lame, but the production is pretty good.

I gave it a 6.5 just because it's something new for Kylie, but it's an awful lead single. Really, how the heck was it the lead single when "In My Arms" and "The One" were right there?
    "X" had very questionable single choices in general.

6. Uno

Uno

I wouldn't have even put 2 Hearts on the album if I'm honest, let alone lead single.

Not when you have Magnetic Electric, Lose Control, Cherry Bomb, etc. waiting in the wigs.

It's one of the few Kylie songs I've never warmed up to.

7. Magnetic Electric was better than anything on the album.

I don't think anyone expected (or wanted) some inspirational ballad about beating cancer as her comeback single, but what we actually got was...pretty uninspiring all round. That it was only beaten by Word Is Out as the first lead single to leave doesn't surprise me one bit.

Untouchable Ace, Daniel_O and Maki like this.
  8. I do think ‘2 Hearts’ was chosen partly as a (half-arsed) tie-in to her appearance as Astrid Peth in the ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas special ‘Voyage of the Damned’ little over a month later, what with the titular main character being an alien with two hearts. But by the time it came round, the single had already lost steam and...well, who cared?

At the very least this era bought us this:
    [​IMG]

9. Aw, I love 2 Hearts! The artwork for both CDs is fantastic.

I actually think the four X singles were the right choices, but in totally wrong order. 2 Hearts just feels to me like one of those quirky late-in-the-campaign singles like Please Stay or Chocolate.

Womanizer, P'NutButter, Uno and 2 others like this.
  10. I remember this magazine!

Untouchable Ace and Doodvid like this.
  11. 2 Hearts going so soon is a bit shitty

berserkboi likes this.
  12. GBI and Drunk before Illusion? Is everyone okay? Dangerous Game is gorgeous but ballads aren't Kylie's forte. Same with 2 Hearts, great song, just not a great Kylie song and has left at the proper point in the rate.

13. It was up until Thursday that week then No 3 and No 4 by Friday

14. I feel like '2 hearts' was a necessary evil. Without it we may never have got 'All the lovers' and that's...quite unthinkable.

P'NutButter likes this.
  15. The longevity of Put Your Hands Up.. I do not stan.

16. I thought this next one would've done better, I hope it's on the next tour...

[​IMG]

Burning Up 7.94

Highest Score: 10 x 8 @Jóga, @Womanizer, @hawkings24, @Andsov,
    @KingBruno, @SophiaSophia, @Ramalama, @Remorque
    Lowest Score: 3 x 1 @Verandi

@hawkings24 - 10 This just should have been a single! I cannot explain how much I adore this song! This was in the running for my 11.
    @Andsov - 10 I'm like a giddy little girl when Kylie nails quirky. Burning Up is a career highlight.
    @CasperFan - 9 Bop!

@mrdonut - 8.5 The acoustic guitar is a clever touch considering what’s come before. The key change halfway through the chorus is incredible.
    @M24 - 7.5 Love this one! Even if it's a repetitive chorus, I get my life when it comes on after the laid back verses.
    @nanafan - 7 Felt like they were trying to recreate Light Years as a closer. Works though and is good live.

@Verandi - 3 It literally NEVER ENDS.

17. Uno

Uno

Burning Up was still in...? Okay, werk I guess.

Phonetics Boy likes this.
  18. Burning Up is great, what's wrong with you all?

19. that would be too easy, sadly

20. Burning Up is MILES better than Wow and I have officially lost faith in this fanbase

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.