Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 148 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

92 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Another one that was long overdue to go. The PWL stuff has taken a lot of stick for being dated, but it's not really much use having bang up-to-date production if no one bothered to write a song to go with it. And it's not like the production on Fine, Illusion, Put Your Hands Up etc is anything groundbreaking either.

Robert, Aester, nanafan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Fine is so empowering and a great bookend to Into The Blue.

3. Fine is one of the more enjoyable songs on Kiss Me Once, but it's still not that great.

Uno, Crisp X and Verandi like this.
  4. "Fine" is fine, I guess. It's one of the better tracks from Kiss Me Once, but considering what's left from that album and the rest of her discography, it was probably time for it to go. Here's to hoping that either "Feels So Good" or "If Only" ends up being the last Kiss Me Once album track standing.

tj-x, Ramalama and Verandi like this.
  5. The title track will be the last one standing and we'll deal.

Untouchable Ace, Maki and elektroxx like this.
  6. Sounds like a good outcome to me. That or If Only would do nicely.

7. Some of you aren't going to be happy...

@mrdonut - 10 THANK GOODNESS for If Only. Along with the album’s title track and Fine, here is something to explore, revisit and fully engage with.
    @hawkings24 - 10 It's offensive that she didn't perform it live but wow what a moment.
    @Andsov - 10 If Only is massive. Its cool, touching, catchy and interesting.
    @Untouchable Ace - 10 So daring, the right amount of experimental.

@MrJames - 9 Someone once said that this was Kate Bush-esque and now I can’t unhear it!
    @CasperFan - 7.5 The first few notes of the intro are strange and sound like they belong to the end of another track! Great song though.
    @M24 - 6.5 I didn't like it at first but I'm warming up to it more and more.
    @nanafan - 4 Nondescript and try-hard.

8. STOP IT! LEAVE BOP ME ONCE ALONE!!!

9. I like If Only and Sleeping With The Enemy but it's definitely the right time to for them to leave now, Kiss Me Once having more tracks left than KM94 and Body Language is a travesty.

Verandi, Ugly Beauty and Ramalama like this.
  10. If Only could've been the highest ranking track on the album tbh. This isn't a bad place for it, but that album should only have maybe two songs left on it by now.

Womanizer and Phonetics Boy like this.
  11. I would have cleared X first. Yes, all of it. Yes, even that one. And that one.

12. I hope it's not painful ":("

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  13. Imagine tanking "If Only." Just imagine.

14. If Only is absolutely glorious and the very definition of goosebump music. An absolute highlight of the album and one of strongest ever album tracks. That "If I see you free and you actually came back to me" lyric, gets to me each and every time. A real pleasure to listen to.

Womanizer, MilesAngel, Robert and 4 others like this.
  15. After seeing the zeroes and ones thrown at some of the other songs in this rate, I only wish I had gone lower than a two. That "oh oh oh oh oh" effect and the repetitive nothing of a chorus make it one of the few songs in her discography that I can never finish because I find it so actively annoying.

Adora Day likes this.
  16. Kiss Me Once may have lacked the obvious hit(s) that most Kylie albums have, but as a whole, it's probably her most consistent and overall enjoyable pop album to me. Albums like Fever, Light Years, and X have The Hits™, but they also have some of the worst songs of her career.

17. Kiss Me Once, is a far better album an for me and listening experience than X is gotta say.

SlowGinFizzzz and Phonetics Boy like this.
  18. I agree. I just don’t get the love for this song at all.

Aester likes this.
  19. If Only and Sleeping with the Enemy are my two favourite songs from Kiss Me Once and the ones I go back to the most. They are both 10s (along with Million Miles). The rest of the album might as well leave now.

I love the lyrics of If Only especially the bit highlighted above (although isn’t it “if I set you free”?). I love the blippy vocal effect things throughout too.

20. * Sexy Love, I Was Gonna Cancel and Beautiful have entered the chat. *

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.