Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 149 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

92 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Although I enjoyed the Garibay EPs, I low-key wish that Kylie had released EPs with Ariel Rechtshaid instead, as "Golden Boy" and "If Only" are two of my favorite Kylie songs of all time.

2. [​IMG]

Feels So Good

Highest Score: 10 x 13 @Jóga, @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Sprockrooster, @SinceYouTookYourPopAway, @SlowGinFizzzz, @Jacques, @maverick_79, @hawkings24, @Physical, @Andsov, @fatyoshi, @Holly Something, @Remorque
    Lowest Score: 4 x 2 @nanafan, @Gnuh Gnuh

@hawkings24 - 10 What a tune.
    @Andsov - 10 This is such a strong song. Tom Aspauls own version is a 9, but of course Kylie lifts it. Perhaps my favourite song off the very good Kiss Me Once.
    @Holly Something - 10 She really just sang this EXACTLY the same as the original (Indiana by Tom Aspaul) but it is a great song.
    @Untouchable Ace - 9.5 Thank you talented Mr. Aspaul.

@MrJames - 9 The run of songs from this one to the title track is really where the heart of this album lies.
    @mrdonut - 8 A welcome respite from the nonsense. Not necessarily a classic but might have worked as a solid lead single for the era.
    @M24 - 6 I feel like it lacks the energy of the previous tracks. It's still a cute song.
    @nanafan - 4 I think most of Kiss Me Once is filler and this track is another filler track.

3. [​IMG]

I Should Be So Lucky
    Turn It Into Love

Hand On Your Heart

Better The Devil You Know
    Step Back In Time
    What Do I Have To Do?
    Shocked
    Things Can Only Get Better

Finer Feelings

Confide In Me
    Put Yourself In My Place

Where is the Feeling? (BIR Dolphin Mix)
    Where The Wild Roses Grow (With Nick Cave)

Too Far
    Cowboy Style
    Some Kind of Bliss
    Did It Again
    Breathe
    Limbo
    Dreams

Spinning Around
    On A Night Like This
    Disco Down
    Your Disco Needs You
    Please Stay
    Butterfly
    Light Years

Love At First Sight
    Can't Get You Out Of My Head
    Fever
    Come Into My World
    In Your Eyes
    Love Affair

Slow
    Secret (Take You Home)
    Red Blooded Woman
    Chocolate

I Believe In You
    Giving You Up

Like A Drug
    In My Arms
    Speakerphone
    The One
    Wow

All The Lovers
    Get Outta My Way
    Closer
    Everything Is Beautiful
    Aphrodite
    Cupid Boy
    Can't Beat The Feeling

Timebomb
    Flower

Into The Blue
    Les Sex
    Kiss Me Once

Right Here, Right Now (Giorgio Moroder)

Every Day's Like Christmas
    100 Degrees (Still Christmas To Me)

Dancing
    Stop Me From Falling
    Golden
    Shelby '68
    Raining Glitter
    Lost Without You

Really Don't Like U (Tove Lo Feat. Kylie)

GimmeWork, funkyg, DJHazey and 20 others like this.
  4. The 15 songs I'd love to see leave before the top50. I don't hate them* but I prefer the rest. (It'll never happen but let a girl dream.)

I Should Be So Lucky
    Turn It Into Love

Hand On Your Heart

Better The Devil You Know
    Things Can Only Get Better

On A Night Like This
    Your Disco Needs You
    Please Stay

Les Sex
    Kiss Me Once

Dancing
    Golden
    Shelby '68
    Raining Glitter
    Lost Without You​

*No wait, actually I detest four of them.

5. Fine - 8.5. If Only - 8. Feels So Good - 8.5.

All of these are major rate discoveries. They are probably right to go around about now but there are songs left which are not as good. There needs to be a cull of most of Golden.

6. The list of what’s remaining is about right for now (though What Kind Of Fool, G.B.I. and Never Too Late should be on it)

M24 and P'NutButter like this.
  7. Whew, the cull of "Kiss Me Once" really left a mark. Ironically, my favourite out of the three remaining tracks from that album is "Les Sex", but the other two aren't far behind at all.

Anyways:

Fine - 7
    ~ The title already describes the song - it's fine and there's nothing wrong with it at all. I like the production and the chorus is memorable, but something something is lacking and doesn't really click with me. Perhaps it's too happy-sounding for me? I'm not sure...

If Only - 7,5
    ~ I really like the slight experimental approach here; the chopped up beat works well. Still, the melody and certain effects could've been better.

Feels So Good - 8
    ~ I didn't know this was a cover until after I voted. Still have to hear the original, though. It's a very well-created and produced song, and one of the few highlights from this album.
    And no wonder MNEK produced this song, because I got Xtina's "Deserve" vibes from this one.

I'm not too bothered about these, but "Feels So Good" could've been a bit higher, especially considering some worse songs are still around.

8. Please Stay, Wow, Aphrodite and Shelby '68 can all leave any time they like.

9. Beautiful is shit, I'll give you that. The other two are immensely more enjoyable than the likes of Wow, Give It To Me, and the whole gay cruise section of Light Years.

10. That was a brutal run.

11. I'm still not over "Loving Days" leaving before top 80... it deserved top 30 at least.

And that Tove Lo collab is still in? How random.

My lowest remaining scores and therefore the songs I would like to see leave soon are:
    Put Yourself In My Place (unpopular opinion pt. 1)
    Did It Again (unpopular opinion pt. 2)
    Giving You Up (really, does this one benefit from being a single. being a Xenomania production, or both?)
    Shelby '68 (yawn)

All of them are in the 6+ zone score-wise, so don't @ me.

Robert, OSHi and Untouchable Ace like this.
  12. Xenomania helps it be subtly amazing.
    People weren't ready for an unconventionally structured song unless it was from Girls Aloud.

'Fine' is her version in song of a YouTuber telling the little gay YouTube watcher it gets better.
    It's quite hopeful.

P'NutButter, Verandi and Maki like this.
  13. Maybe it's time for me and the other three Kiss Me Once stans to launch the #justiceforKissMeOnce campaign so Kylie re-releases it with a better cover and Waiting For The Sun as a bonus track.

14. Please Stay is still in?

15. Honestly, the rest of "Golden" can leave altogether and I won't even bat en eyelid.

16. I forgot Giving You Up was still with us, that can bugger off as well.

17. That awful, ear-grating Giorgio Moroder track too? Jeez...

M24 likes this.
  18. Losing those three songs back to back, as much as I don't really gel with Kiss Me Once was BRUTAL oh my god. Wow, Les Sex and I Should Be So Lucky can really vacate now. I think we're getting too close to the top 50 and I know Giving You Up will get the unceremonious boot soon, even though it is a BOP

Verandi likes this.
  19. Losing "If Only" and "Feels So Good" back-to-back? I hate it in here.

How did "Les Sex" outlast the two of them? Y'all really do stan a dumb bop, don't you?

20. I want these out before the top 50 please

-Things Can Only Get Better

-Fever

-Secret (Take You Home)

-Giving You Up

-Like A Drug
    -In My Arms
    -Speakerphone

-Closer
    -Everything Is Beautiful
    -Cupid Boy
    -Can't Beat The Feeling

-Les Sex
    -Kiss Me Once

-Shelby '68

-Really Don't Like U (Tove Lo Feat. Kylie)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.