Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 215 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

93 vote(s)
    66.9%
  1. Haha bless you! Just older before my time I guess!

2. Now that is unexpected! By process of elimination Get Outta My Way has to be next! even though that's like the fifth time i've said that ddd

3. Fuck off Get Outta My Way being better than this!!

Can’t Get You Out Of My Head is one of those songs where you literally remember where you were when you first heard it. (For me it was sat waiting in my mums car, while she was in the delicatessen). I was so taken aback by how fresh it sounded and I was really surprised that it was by Kylie.
    Like Cathy Dennis’s other masterpieces (Toxic, Sweet Dreams My LA Ex, I Kissed A Girl), it’s irresistibly catchy but with something that little bit off-kilter about it that creates this element of intrigue, this je ne sais quoi...

Pop perfection. I don’t care if you’ve over-played it to death, something like this never loses its sparkle.

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This top 3 is a pleasant surprise, but Confide In Me has to have it in the bag now.

Sail On, Robert, KingBruno and 5 others like this.
  5. I probably gave both a 10, but Get Outta My Way being better than ...Head? Absolutely not.

6. Well... it had to happen eventually. I knew it was this song as soon as I saw the mention. At least I should be satisfied that one of my 11's made it top the top 3.
    Taste, @KingBruno, for being the only other 11-giver to this pop masterpiece!
    (and I see @Phonetics Boy getting her revenge for me not really being fond of 'Put Yourself in My Place")

Actually, I would've most likely given "Can't Get You Out of My Head" an 11 if we were allowed to only give one for the entire rate. It's just among the most iconic pop songs ever and the Kylie song for me, which will certainly remain that way. Everyone knows that impeccable hook. Even with the song structure being slightly unconventional, the way it is executed is jaw-dropping. Melodically incredible, production-wise fantastic; not even the tiniest flaw detectable. Literally the definition of a perfect pop song.
    Also, it's the very first song by Kylie I've ever heard and will always have very fond memories of it. Together with Madonna's "Hung Up" and Gwen's "What You Waiting For?", it's probably in the trinity of the songs my aunt used to play while she was babysitting me, so it was my first taste of pop music in that form (which is still way before I actually started listening to contemporary pop music myself). Brings me back to happier times
    It's her signature song for a reason. A modern classic that I will never get tired of.

To be honest, "Get Outta My Way" is a very odd choice for the longest lasting Parlophone song, especially since it's not nearly as monumental as several songs we've already eliminated. It's great, though.

After all, we should cherish that "Can't Get You Out of My Head" managed to place 2nd out of Parlophone era, which is a great improvement, compared to the 8th place in the previous rate.
    And I really hope this is another typo.

7. Yaaas, stan the ultimate Pop Trifecta!

8. What can I say about this song that hasn’t been said. It really is the perfect pop song. Funnily enough I hated it on first listen, but when that earworm gets hold of you it never let’s go. All the stars aligned in 2001.

As a long term fan that period was just magical. After the wilderness years, I became content that Kylie was past her glory days in the charts but still thoroughly enjoyed her music. Then to come back in such spectacular fashion, bigger than she’d ever been before was just an absolute triumph.

I guess it’s like your favourite premier football team being relegated twice and ending up in division three, then within two years winning the FA Cup or the Premier League. Dare I say it... the JOURNEY!

What a time to be alive.

And to think she was dubbed a one hit wonder. Some of us just KNEW from day one. What a woman.

9. Can't Get You Out Of My Head might not be my ultimate all-time favorite Kylie song but it deserves to be her biggest hit and one of the biggest hits of the 2000s. I forget how massive it is until I press play, what a song.

Crisp X, Robert, IntoTheBlue and 3 others like this.
  10. Get Outta My Way being the best Parlophone track?

The correct outcome, y'all can stay mad!

I'm more shocked to see Devil outlasting all of these iron-clad age-less classics. Hopefully Confide In Me will kick it out.

11. Like last time because they are next to each other it's just me pasting the score to the wrong one. The results remain the same.

Womanizer, funkyg, Maki and 2 others like this.
  12. So pleased Better The Devil You know is Top 3. It’s got to be between this and Confide In Me right? RIGHT?

I LOVE Get Outta My Way. But it’s got to get outta the way now.

AGiantSheep and IntoTheBlue like this.
  13. ???

Sorry I don't speak str8.

14. I do like how the Top 3 represents each of Kylie’s eras

15. I knew someone would say this. We can IMAGINE haha

16. Can't Get You Out Of My Head - 10. It's not in my Top 10 but it's hypnotic and Monumental.

I have 2 10's and a 9 left. Will my 9 cause that song to not make the Top 2? We will see.

17. Didn't think Get Outta My Way would beat any of her three big ones, but I'm pleased to see it. I think Confide in Me wins because I'd imagine it had the most 11s thrown at it in the entire rate since its section is quite a bit smaller than the others. It would be interesting to see what would win if you could only give her entire discography one 11.

18. Uno

Uno

What I want:

3. Get Outta My Way
    2. Better The Devil You Know
    1. Confide In Me

What I think will happen:

3. Better The Devil You Know
    2. Get Outta My Way
    1. Confide In Me

P'NutButter and AllGagaLike like this.
  19. I'm still shocked Slow is already out. I always thought it's almost as (or even just as) beloved and acclaimed as Confide.

roblognick, Crisp X, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  20. Yeah or no 11s at all, which would give quite similar results I think. @P'NutButter if it's not too much work, after the winner is announced would you be able to extrapolate the Top 10 if all the 11s became 10s? Numbers, they turn me on

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.