Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 216 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

93 vote(s)
    66.9%
  1. It is, I think it's just the fact that Confide is an easy 11 from the Decon era that gives it the edge.

Robert, KingBruno and Adora Day like this.
  2. "Confide in Me" for the win!

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  3. Get Out Of My Way isn’t even in my Kylie top 40. Confide, however - is one of my absolute favorite songs ever, so fingers crossed for it to win.

4. Fever is the only album with an average above 8 so far. I wonder if any of the 3 albums left will beat it.

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  5. Get Outta My Way.... How is this even possible? I do not understand this foolishness.

6. I agree, it's nice how each one gets the chance to shine.

AllGagaLike and Maki like this.
  7. I understand Better The Devil You Know and Confide In Me but not Get Outta My Way. It's not even the best song on it's album never mind the era it's from. I always thought it was cute but I do not understand this at all.

Daniel_O, AGiantSheep, Uno and 2 others like this.
  8. Rhythm Of Love's average is likely pulled down by the likes of The World Still Turns and Count The Days leaving early.

Uno and MilesAngel like this.
  9. I think that this rate has made me hate "Get Outta My Way."

Daniel_O and Ramalama like this.
  10. I really can't pick a winner. To me they are classic Kylie.

Untouchable Ace and P'NutButter like this.
  11. 'Get Outta My Way' almost won the Parlophone rate last time around, so I wasn't shocked to see it doing so well this time when the votes were coming in.

Womanizer, Crisp X, nikkysan and 9 others like this.
  12. It's interesting to see how the Parlophone top 10 changed compared to the previous rate, with three songs being swapped, but the entire top 6 consisting of the same songs in a completely different order.

2015:
    1. The One
    2. Get Outta My Way
    3. All the Lovers
    4. On a Night Like This
    5. Love at First Sight
    6. Slow
    7. Kiss Me Once
    8. Can't Get You Out of My Head
    9. Your Disco Needs You
    10. Timebomb

2020:
    1. Get Outta My Way
    2. Can't Get You Out Of My Head
    3. Slow
    4. The One
    5. Love at First Sight
    6. All the Lovers
    7. On a Night Like This
    8. In Your Eyes
    9. I Believe in You
    10. Lost Without You

My personal top 10 matches more with this rate, so it's nice to see that the taste improved.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  13. We got Your Disco our of the top 10 and Red Blooded Woman in, so that's an improvement in my eyes.

14. Yes, very pleasing to see Red Blooded Woman do so well.

15. Oops, looks like I made a mistake and forgot about one song (the post is now edited), so "Red Blooded Woman" unfortunately fell out of the top 10.
    Not a surprise it's "Lost Without You".

Both "Your Disco Needs You" and "Red Blooded Woman" are in my own top 10 Parlophone songs.
    I love that "Timebomb" and "Kiss Me Once" were swapped with better songs ("I Believe in You" and "In Your Eyes").

16. ...

Crisp X and Maki like this.
  17. M24

M24

Thanks for the stats, Maki!

I was checking how Parlophone non-singles fared this time around, so if anyone's interested:
    1. Kiss Me Once
    2. Like a Drug
    3. Disco Down
    4. Tightrope
    5. Light Years
    6. Les Sex
    7. Aphrodite
    8. Fever
    9. Everything is Beautiful
    10. Can't Beat the Feeling

Vs
    1. Lost Without You
    2. Kiss Me Once
    3. Light Years
    4. Like A Drug
    5. Disco Down
    6. Butterfly
    7. Aphrodite
    8. Fever
    9. Closer
    10. Love Affair

It's interesting how the three missing top ten tracks from the 2016 rate came right after #10 in this rate (obviously excluding Lost Without You and Tightrope, which weren't included in both rates).

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  18. Uno

Uno

Still haven’t forgiven y’all for fucking over Fragile and Loving Days, tbh.

19. Top tier Kylie both of them.

20. Thanks! Just swap the top 2 for the 2020 rate, since "Kiss Me Once" was eliminated before "Lost Without You" this time.
    I think this rate aligns a bit more with my own top 10, too.

"Loving Days", "Illusion" and "Promises" definitely belong to her top 10 album tracks - such a shame they always get mistreated.

Untouchable Ace and P'NutButter like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.