Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 218 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

93 vote(s)
    66.9%
  1. P'NutButter and berserkboi like this.
    P'NutButter and Verandi like this.
  3. I was also wondering this

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  4. I had tuned out of Kylie by the time Aphrodite came along, so I’d never really heard Get Outta My Way properly before the rate and never knew it was so beloved. So it was quite a shock to see it this high. I rated it an 8 but feel like maybe I need to let it grow on me more to fully appreciate it like everyone else.

As for the winner, I’m definitely team Confide in Me.

P'NutButter, Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  5. Not The One being the only post-Impossible Princess song I forgot to write commentary for. Is this really how much I care about it? Really surprised it went that far in the rate. I'm really not hearing what makes it a fan favorite, even though I do like it in all its Girls Aloudness as I gave it a 8.

My fault for missing out on the Freemasons mix?

P'NutButter likes this.
  6. I'm glad to see the back of "Get Outta My Way." I always knew that it was loved, but I didn't realize how loved it actually was.

Here's to hoping "Confide In Me" takes this rate out.

P'NutButter likes this.
  7. Put Yourself In My Place - 10 The production is stunning and makes it a standout.

Slow - 10 Hypnotic, sensual, pulsating. Ahead of its time. Let this win the rate. This aged well.

Can't Get You Out Of My Head - 10 Sometimes, when I step back, I’m surprised that such a melodically unique song became a worldwide hit. It has a disorienting guitar motif, a repetitive hook, and even gets haunting during the pre chorus, and just so sensual thanks to her falsetto. In France, hearing this next to Daft Punk’s latest hits was peak early 00’s.

Get Outta My Way - 10 An instant top tier Kylie song, and one of my most influential musically. Those chords in the chorus just clicked in a way that made me view songwriting differently onwards. And what a double chorus! When you think the first hook can’t be topped, a better one comes and snatches my wig. Her power.

8. Kylie's coming of age moments and greatest reinventions in the top 2? I'll take that!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    m_dimitrov and P'NutButter like this.
  9. It only just beat 'Head', so quite a lot. The main reason certain songs have been knocked out before others (like 'Head', 'Slow' and 'I Believe In You') is because quite a lot of people rated them 7, 8 or 9 instead of 10. The middling scores have had a big effect.

10. Uno

Uno

I’m soo happy Better The Devil is in the Top 2, especially with how dirty y’all did all the other PWL songs.

11. I'm fine either way since I gave them both a 9, but that being said it's not really my winner so we've could've done better.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  12. Yes, nice a PWL song managed to get this far!

13. Can't believe that this rate is so close to ending... it went by so quickly unlike my rate oop.

I wish I could say that both songs deserve a winning spot, but an 8 can't fight with an 11.

berserkboi and SlowGinFizzzz like this.
  14. I was the same, I went mad for the Freemasons remix when it was released and always preferred it but I definitely prefer the album version now, I suppose the Freemasons remix is of its time now and the album version more timeless.

15. The One album version has always been my go to mix too. Love it's melancholy sound.

16. They have lost their way since the 80s when Sinitta and Bananarama were number one hit makers.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. So it would seem!

phoenix123 likes this.
  18. Why are there so few 11s for the Parlophone era? Neither "Can't Get You out of My Head" nor "Get Outta My Way" had many at all.

19. I guess it's because there are more songs to choose from so they are spread more thinly.

Aester, Maki and elektroxx like this.
  20. Compared to PWL's four albums and Deconstruction's two, Parlophone's six definitely does offer a lot more variety. Also, I think that there's a strong general consensus of what the best tracks are from those eras, whereas I think that people's favorites from the Parlophone era are more varied.

berserkboi, Robert, Aester and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.