Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 222 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

93 vote(s)
    66.9%
  1. Phew, the Top 10 certainly had some shocks!! Put Yourself and Confide definitely had a significant advantage being from a much smaller (and inconsistent oop) era to receive 11's but both are so brilliant I can't be too mad. Love at First Sight and In Your Eyes are so far above Can't Get You Out Of My Head in my book that it did sting a little to see them wiped out pre Top 5, but it was always going to be cutthroat this far into the countdown.

Crisp X, nikkysan, berserkboi and 4 others like this.
  2. M24

M24

Thanks a lot! I think I'll be able to jump straight ahead since a lot of her bsides are available on streaming (that doesn't always happen for every artist, so that's something Kylie fans must be happy with).

Same! I'm going to start sooner so that I know all the songs by october. Too bad I'll have to listen to most of the japanese bonus tracks on youtube though, oh well.

Untouchable Ace, P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  3. What a ride this rate has been, thank you @P'NutButter for taking us along with you on this journey! Of many twists, I'm surprised Better The Devil You Know (9.5) managed to go this far. No shade intended! It's one of the early Kylie songs that stood out right away, and it remains a favorite, representing the euphoria felt through hearing her music perfectly.

Much has been said about Confide In Me (10) already but it has been a pleasure to see it take the crown. It was one of the biggest shocks the first time I dove into her discography. Not only a total departure from her earlier material so far, but also a crowning achievement. Blending trip-hop with Asian undertones, resulting in a one of her best songs ever. Her vocals also start sounding like they’ve done for the following decades since. How to mature an an artist 101. A very deserving winner.

Reading the list for parts 2 and 3 and... thanfully they were posted in advance as it will take me some time to settle on my 11s.

Justice for Aston Martin, the unknown classic that gets stuck in my head once in a while. Well, see you in the next rate everyone!

4. Will it just be the one 11 in parts 2 and 3?

P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  5. I was wondering that too.

6. Yep, just the one 11 for the next two parts I'm afraid.

nikkysan, Robert, Maki and 2 others like this.
  7. That's fair enough. We were spoiled last time in that respect!

8. Monsieur @P'NutButter, with those three 11's you were really spoiling us!

9. What a 'greatest hits chosen by the fans' album.

Again, not the Top 2 I would've chosen but I think I was leaning towards Devil for the PWL underdog win. Confide in Me is fine a winner really though. Thank you for a thrilling ride @P'NutButter!

10. THank you so much @P'NutButter for this fantastic rate! You're amazing! Can't thank you enough!

Slow, Get Outta My Way, and Confide in Me all making top 5 make me feel better about so many of the wrong turns we made getting here. What a wild ride! Cheers XOXO

11. A prophet!

12. P’Nut any chance you can tag me in when the next rate starts so I don’t miss it! Thank you so much

13. Same here please x

P'NutButter, Maki and Adora Day like this.
  14. What an amazing rate. Thanks very much to @P'NutButter for handling such a huge rate so well. The graphics, the pace, everything was on point. I'm really glad I participated as it helped me to become familiar with a number of Kylie albums I hadn't listened to before and I've discovered so many gems, and my level of fandom has increased dramatically, and just in time for the DISCO era to start.

15. Is this how straight people feel when their favorite soccer team wins??

17. 10 songs comapared to 45 in this rate is quite a difference, so I assume you'll be fine.
    And, for some reason, I think that "Let's Get to It" B-sides will be very good. I shall give them a listen today and see for myself.

P'NutButter likes this.
  18. They actually are better than 90 % of the main album (literally... 9 out of 10 songs).

P'NutButter, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  19. The Let's Get To It B-Sides, are all excellent. I include Say The Word (I'll Be There) in that too. Am not ready for another load of PWL early on eliminations again though!

Maki likes this.
  20. They are. "Do You Dare" and "Closer" (1992) slap and belong in the Top 10 of her PWL material, in my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.