Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!) | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! 2nd place & WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

92 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Yes, I do prefer a 10 over a 1.

inevitable, DJHazey, Physical and 2 others like this.
  2. abael, Physical, P'NutButter and 2 others like this.
  3. That sounds like a you problem ... Mr President is a fun 10 whilst Tears on My Pillow is not

4. They are both 7s. Not brilliant, not awful.

P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  5. .

[​IMG]

Oh Santa 5.5

Highest Score: 9 x 2 @Andsov, @IntoTheBlue
    Lowest Score: 0 x 1 @One Stop Candy Shop

@Andsov - 9 I love the lyrics. Kylie does tongue-in-cheek so well
    @Sprockrooster - 8.5 Kylie and big band. MELT ME!
    @nanafan - 6 One of the weaker tracks but still fun
    @Maki - 5.5 The lyrics are awkward and the song is pretty boring, I must say.
    @M24 - 2.5 Cute, but I'm at the point where I'm getting tired and demand more catchy offerings.

6. Out of the Christmas songs that I scored, "Oh Santa" is my lowest score. Definitely the weakest original song from that album and a great elimination.
    I like the little "Jingle Bells" interpolation after the second chorus and her vocals are very pleasant, but that's about it. I'm not a fan of spoken parts and the song is mainly a chore.

Oh, and I love the fact that the average score of the song is exactly the same as my own score.
    That almost never happened before.

P'NutButter likes this.
  7. Mr. President is objectively terrible but it makes me feel like I'm strutting down a runway. Amazing.

8. Oh Santa is one of them you think isn’t that good but when it comes on you’re like... ‘I actually really like this!’ Definitely not the worst on the album. 6.

P'NutButter likes this.
  9. Love Oh Santa, give me that over Santa Baby anyday.

10. Cheeky and fun lyrics - Oh Santa is a hit with me. In fact, the standard of the whole Christmas album is extremely high.

P'NutButter likes this.
  11. I think this next one has done well to last this long, what do you think?...

[​IMG]

I Guess I Like It Like That 5.58

Highest Score: 10 x 4 @Sprockrooster, @letuinmybackdoor, @SophiaSophia, @Ana Raquel
    Lowest Score: 0 x 1 @Verandi

@Sprockrooster - 10 Honestly what it is this banger doing on this middle of the road album. Especially tucked away on the end. A massive bop. Kylie and eurodance are a match made in heaven.
    @Hudweiser - 8 As much as I like this as I do, it sounds like PWL were just grasping at straws when making this album and doing all they could to keep relevant.
    @MrJames - 8 Take us to the club Kylie!
    @nanafan - 7.5 If only we got an Angel K album! I like this but it comes into its own when it became Keep On Pumpin' It.
    @Untouchable Ace - 5 I was not expecting this.

@Ugly Beauty - 4 ddddd why does this sound like that 2 Unlimited song?
    @Maki - 4 The way to end this album was quite a choice. Still not sure whether I hate it or secretly enjoy it. In general, I don't really get the point of it. Damn, it's so repetitive and the lyrics literally consist of 10 words. A jam for a moment, but 6 minutes of this is way too much. Pass.
    @M24 - 1 Wow they really butchered "Get Ready for This"! It's too long, there is no variation in the lyrics… and I hate that spoken "I like it like that!" bit.
    @mrdonut - 1 This was her warning that Mr. President was coming.
    @Verandi - 0 I guess I don't.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    funkyg, GimmeWork, Sail On and 29 others like this.
  12. Not a patch on its much cooler sister, Keep On Pumpin’ It. 6.

berserkboi, P'NutButter and Doodvid like this.
  13. I gave 'I Guess I Like It Like That' 6. I would definitely dance to this in a club and listen to it on a 90's compilation album, but wouldn't go out of my way. But it's enjoyable.

Gnuh Gnuh, P'NutButter and Doodvid like this.
  14. I think I Guess I Like It Like That suffers from being too long - should have included the 7" version and keep the 12" as a b-side.

15. You all have cloth ears! This was a beast of a track, and I danced to this like a loon at many a club night in 1991.

DJHazey, SophiaSophia and Doodvid like this.
  16. I love I Guess I Like It Like That, but it's a faceless song that any Eurodance act from the early nineties could've slapped their logo on.

P'NutButter likes this.
  17. Finally! "I Guess I Like It Like That" was my lowest remaining score and I'm glad to see it leave.
    I just don't really get the song. Okay, Kylie experimented with techno, but the result doesn't appeal to me. It gets annoying after a bit and 6 minutes of it is way too much.

And it turns out that the song contains a whole lot of samples:

It's literally jumbled up from different songs with Kylie's ad-libs added on. How lazy... Yeah, the 4 I gave it was generous.

18. IGILILT is a song that I don't necessarily hate but I just would not choose to listen to

P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  19. I remember from last time I wasn’t a fan of Oh Santa as I scored it a 3 in fact I haven’t come back to it since then. I scored I Guess I Like It Like That exactly the same it’s the real highlight of Let's Get To It an album with this, Closer and Do You Dare would have been epic. To this day I’m still waiting for that Rave album to happen, Miss Kylie Ann Minogue.

P'NutButter likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.