Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #32-31) | Page 60 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #32-31)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

87 vote(s)
    66.4%
  1. I agree, it starts to out stay its welcome.

P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  2. I really like the Let’s Get To It album. The PWL hate is disturbing, to love Kylie is to understand her creative progression

abael, Gnuh Gnuh, Doodvid and 2 others like this.
  3. It’s never been a Xmas song I’ve been particularly fond of no matter who sings it I just find it very uneventful.

4. I'll just add even though 'Let It Snow' is part of the Christmas songs, it originally came out during the Aphrodite era, hence the background and fonts being what they are. Similarly 'Santa Baby' will have Light Years era graphics.

5. M24

M24

Finally I can rejoice that I Guess I Like It Like That is out! I admit it seemed to work on the Let's Get to It tour (or at least from what it looks on the video album) as some kind of dance interlude, but it's really more of a dance remix than a Kylie song (and not a very good one), and I can't see myself ever coming back to it. Incidentally, @P'NutButter, I actually gave the song a 1, but forgot to update my comment (I'd scored it a 4 before rescaling).

The christmas eliminations don't bother me much, although I want both I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day and Only You to go out next.

Also, as everyone's been saying, our host's graphics are sooo beautiful! Think I spent a good minute appreciating that last one.

Robert, P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  6. Thank you!

and yeah I had put a 1 for the write-up, but then on the commentary it said 4 so I got a bit confused. The spreadsheet has it as a 1.

M24, Maki and berserkboi like this.
  7. The Aphrodite-era covers retrofitted into some kind of Christmas theme are sending me.

8. Mess, this is by far my favourite Christmas song from Kylie (aside from Everyday's Like Christmas). I actually think it fits her a lot better than Santa Baby, which for some reason seems to have become her signature Christmas song.

P'NutButter likes this.
  9. Let it Snow is lovely, if a bit middle of the road. 6.

P'NutButter likes this.
  10. I'll Still Be Loving You has such a pretty melody. It really shone on the Golden Tour. And I quite like the title track in Let's Get To It. It's understated, but well done. People really hate PWL, eh?

Get rid of the bloody Christmas songs first! And Mr. President... Trite.

Andsov, Doodvid and P'NutButter like this.
  11. Phew, I never have liked Let It Snow, Kylie or otherwise.

12. I love this next one...

[​IMG]

Whistle (With múm) 5.65

Highest Score: 10 x 3 @mrdonut, @Petit nain des Îles, @Touchofmyhand
    Lowest Score: 0 x 3 @WhatKindOfKylie?, @nanafan, @Markus1981

@mrdonut - 10 That’s Kylie Minogue there singing "I bleed like a pig". AMAZING.
    @Andsov - 9 See, this is why I love Kylie. Every now and then she will do the completely unexpected and this really works for me.
    @hawkings24 - 7 I've warmed to this song lately but it still reminds me of cockroaches.

@CasperFan - 2 Tuneless and goes on forever!
    @M24 - 2 Too long and weird for me to really enjoy.
    @Hudweiser - 2 This is just weird.
    @nanafan - 0 My only zero of the rate. Unlistenable.

GimmeWork, abael, Sail On and 26 others like this.
  13. At last! Should have been the first out

14. [​IMG]

CasperFan, DJHazey, Hudweiser and 2 others like this.
  15. I like when you just need to look at the avi of the highest and lowest scores to understand if a song is good or not.

16. Whistle should have been one of the first 3 songs out I scored this a 4 the first time round which in retrospect is too generous for something incredibly arduous to listen to so this time I rightfully gave it a 1.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Doodvid like this.
  17. My joint lowest score in the rate. 1. Just so dull.

18. The fact I was listening to it when I was tagged. Such an underrated one. So atmospheric and the song feels like a constant crescendo.

Womanizer, Physical, Crisp X and 5 others like this.
  19. Whistle was my lowest scoring song in the rate, with a 2. Glad it’s finally gone. It’s one of the few songs in the rate I have no real desire to go back to.

I rated the two Christmas songs that just went quite highly though. And think I Guess I Like It Like That is in the top half on its album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.