Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #41-39) | Page 55 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #41-39)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

85 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. My thoughts on this elimination:
    Like, yes, it's the worst track on Body Language (7.5 points from me), but overall it's still easily in the better half of Kylie's discography. Oh well.

Aester, clowezra, P'NutButter and 7 others like this.
  2. Yeah, I'm not too fussed with I Feel for You leaving. Upon relistening to the album for the rate, it's the only track on my favourite Kylie album that didn't move me (I even bopped to After Dark)

3. Or made Slo Motion a regular track instead of only being available on the Australian edition (lucky me, except it's not on Spotify...).

elektroxx and clowezra like this.
  4. The speed is quite good don't worry about it.

I Feel For You is one of the weakest tracks on its parent album, but I still would've booted a couple more tracks before it.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    SophiaSophia, P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  5. Quite a random thought but when I was scoring the song I thought at how unexpectedly* great her art direction has been, especially between Impossible Princess and X. The pictures, the fonts, general graphic design are so well done and were carried on consistently through each era. The visual gay was very pleased.

*because most big pop girls have a great album cover once every ten years.

Womanizer, elektroxx, M24 and 11 others like this.
  6. Reaally enjoying the rate so far-all the eliminations are fair enough but how is Whistle still hanging on. And i'd love a few of the overlong howlers from KM94 to depart fairly rapidly too!

tylerc904, Maki, SophiaSophia and 2 others like this.
  7. #Stream this little oddity that pushed Kylie towards new sonic landscapes instead of the same reheated leftovers she's been serving since Kiss Me Once x

8. I Feel for You deserves to go about now, so happy for that. The PWL era deserved a break. As others have said the sample is annoying. It reminds me of the annoying sample in The Light Is Coming by Ariana.

Womanizer, Maki, SophiaSophia and 3 others like this.

9. [​IMG]

Winter Wonderland 5.12

Highest Score: 8 x 2 @SinceYouTookYourPopAway, @Markus1981
    Lowest Score: 0 x 1 @OSHi

@nanafan - 7 Another strong Xmas cover.
    @Maki - 6 Nice, but unremarkable.
    @M24 - 4.5 I like what they did to the song, it's a bit more joyful and less melancholic than the usual renditions.

GimmeWork, elektroxx, M24 and 24 others like this.
  10. Winter Wonderland, is absolutely one of my least played Kylie Christmas songs each year.

Maki likes this.
  11. Let's stream both Whistle and Kiss Me Once and the Garibay EPs, while we're at it and focus on who the real enemy is instead!

P'NutButter likes this.
  12. Whistle can well Whistle off!

13. Quite why they chose to use a Graham Norton TV show performance slot on Winter Wonderland is... I just can’t find a strong enough word to describe the utter stupidity. There are soooo many more deserving songs.

14. Kylie Christmas really had the wrong choice of songs to promote it. The superb original songs on it, were left to waste.

15. Winter Wonderland is one of least inoffensive Xmas songs here I would have scored it an 8 if I hadn’t left doing this rate till the last minute.

Maki likes this.
  16. "Winter Wonderland" is one of the two non-original Christmas songs that I picked on random and rated. It's inoffensive and quite pleasant, but utterly unremarkable.

Absolutely not a loss at this point.

17. Winter Wonderland was my lowest scoring Christmas song with 4, so this is ideal.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Maki like this.
  18. I wonder how Santa Baby will fare??

19. I gave 'I Feel For You' 5. It has some nice elements, like the jangly guitar, but that strangulated noise that happens throughout, which I've just learned is a sample, really ruins the song for me.

I didn't score the Christmas album, but I'm not a fan of 'Winter Wonderland' as I don't like the Big Band style. Also Darlene Love's version is one of my favourite Christmas songs so Kylie's can't compare.

Untouchable Ace, P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  20. Another single is about to get the boot...

[​IMG]

Tears On My Pillow 5.32

Highest Score: 10 x 1 @Sprockrooster
    Lowest Score: 0 x 1 @aux

@M24 - 9.5 Love how she experimented with jazz (is it jazz?) in this album! I wonder why critics say this album was more of the same. Anyway, I'd give it a 9 but I know y'all will probably do this song dirty, so I give it a 9.5.
    @Maki - 7.5 Nice cover and a very pleasant song. Captures the 60's vibe in a really good way. I love the chorus, though the rest could be better.

@CasperFan - 6 Not really here for the 50’s throwback ballads that SAW seemed to inflict on every album at the time but Kylie sings it well but am quite happy that she doesn’t perform it much even though it was a number 1.
    @nanafan - 5 Something different but it hasn’t aged well. Not sure how this made number one when better singles of hers didn’t.

@mrdonut - 5 Imagine all the covers that could have been chosen instead of this insipid rubbish.
    @Andsov - 2 She looked smoking hot in the video, and the single cover is great. The song isn't.
    @MrJames - 2 Ugh. We can do better than this Kylie.

@Verandi - 1.5 Blood On My Pillow. It's coming from my ears.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.