Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #44-42) | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #44-42)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

85 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. W-w-wh-ha-ha
    W-w-wh-ha-ha
    W-w-wh-ha-WHAT?

2. What Kind Of Fool, best not be going anywhere soon!!

3. Surely the last 3 songs on KM 94 will be leaving soon, they really are the worst in her discography.

CasperFan and Phonetics Boy like this.
  4. It's quite nice that KM94 hasn't been hit yet. But it's one of her top 5 albums for me, so am perhaps biased.

abael, AllGagaLike, Robert and 3 others like this.
  5. Falling is one of her best non-singles ever...

6. .

[​IMG]

Let's Get To It 5.43

Highest Score: 9 x 1 @Jacques
    Lowest Score: 1 x 1 @Ugly Beauty

@nanafan - 8.5 I think this may be hated but I always liked it. Clearly 1991 Colour Me Bad inspired track but works well.
    @CasperFan 8.5 - At the time, my favourite on the album-so wanted it to be a single. It has dated a lot but still a great song.
    @Hudweiser - 7.5 Nice soft good-time reggae vibes.

@Andsov - 7 The song is quite simple, not much happening here. But that's what I like about it. Its pleasant.
    @Maki - 6.5 Why are all of her title tracks from the PWL albums underwhelming? The first listen of it was a chore and I'm not so keen on the melody (it sounded a bit off, for some reason), although there's something chill about it that makes it a really pleasant listen. The 'ooh' are great, and the I must admit that this one grows on me with each listen. Bland, but pleasant, so I won't be harsh on it.

@M24 - 6.5 The melody is cute, but that's about it. Very laid-back.
    @Holly Something - 2.5 Not very exciting, and overlong.
    @mrdonut - 2 Utterly basic tripe.

7. We're on a roll today, ladies!

8. I swear I got nervous when I saw the notification that @P'NutButter mentioned me, I thought I had lost another high score or even possibly my 11 so you couldn't imagine how happy I got when I saw what actually got eliminated! my lowest score and possibly the worst track Kylie put her name into. (if we can call that a track)

P'NutButter likes this.
  9. Not good, but there's definitely worse to come. Where's Give Me Just A Little More Time?

Maki, AGiantSheep and No hay banda like this.
  10. Staying in the top half of this rate, as it SHOULD

11. I would have preferred Live and Learn to go instead as it’s my least favourite not that I’m biggest of fan of Let’s Get To It it’s just prefer the latter slightly more. Though out of all the Kylie songs I listened to last weekend that got stuck in my head for the entirety of last week it had to be this one.

12. Middle of the road. 5 from me. I preferred the backstage acapella version she did on the let’s get to it tour.

13. Falling and Where Has the Love Gone? are two of the best songs on the album, I will not stand for the slander

14. I gave 'Let's Get To It' 3. It never gets to it.

15. Some of the extras, xmas songs and KM94 lesser tracks should be exiting before some of these PWL tracks!

16. "Let's Get to It" is a weird one. The first time I played it, I nearly fell asleep and thought it was so lukewarm, but the more I played it, the more it sounded charming to me. It's definitely a grower.
    It does plod along and goes on for too long, but has a nice new jack swing vibe to it, which makes it less boring. Forgettable in the grand scheme, but very cute when spotlighted.
    Eventually, its score became higher until it got a 6.5 from me and I honestly think it doesn't deserve more than that, so it's not a loss.

Still, there's a lot of weaker songs that should've gone before it. How the heck did "I Guess I Like It Like That" outlast the song?

P.S: She looks smoking hot on that artwork and reminds me of someone else. I'm thinking Geri Halliwell mixed with Shirley Manson, but still can't figure out who.

17. M24

M24

A little late... can't believe Tears On My Pillow is out! Her first era is really being done dirty... you guys really prefer Mr. President, or the Corden christmas duet, over Tears on My Pillow? I certainly don't.

Let's Get to It is an acceptable elimination I guess. Kind of underwhelming although I appreciated a bit more after seeing her sing to it with her backup singers on the Live in Dublin dvd (that's pretty much one of the only three Kylie concerts I managed to watch haha).

Oh, and good riddance for Keep On Pumpin It! Time for its sibling I Guess I Like It Like That to join it (as I keep saying on my every comment)...

Gnuh Gnuh, P'NutButter, abael and 2 others like this.
  18. It’s such a blatant I Wanna Sex You Up rip-off but I like that Kylie is singing about being dick pig.

19. Hmm did I just witness another slander for a song that's ahead of its time?

Mr. President team squad, let's go

20. "Mr. President" is terrible and I wish that I took part in this rate so that I could've given it a 0.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.