Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #47-45) | Page 140 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #47-45)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

25 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

85 vote(s)
    65.9%
  1. I'm just not a fan of most of Impossible Princess, and I love dark, electronic pop. I can't believe some of the album tracks are so revered to be honest. Justice for Some Kind of Bliss!!! I shall prevail in the end!!!

2. I think as much as can now appreciate a lot of Impossible Princess, I would not have been a long term fan, if all her work was like that.

Doodvid likes this.
  3. Same here. For me it's the lyrics, they are so stilted and try-hard. But I do think it's important that she made this album.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  4. Kylie's had such a long and varied career, it's inevitable that some of us are going to like certain eras more than others. I don't really mind anyone giving a zero to a song they can't stand, as long as they came at it with an open mind, which I'm sure you did, @WhatKindOfKylie? (Posters who show up often with zeroes and ones... I am less sure about.)

It'll be interesting to see what the low score is for the winner. I wonder if everyone will basically like it or if even the winner will have some detractors.

5. Thanks @Aester, that's very nice to say.

Aester and Maki like this.
  6. My point exactly x

7. I love 'Say hey'. I used to play it late at night and it takes me back to a nice period of time.

P'NutButter, Aester and Maki like this.
  8. I am surprised Say Hey has gone, it’s a great track and was fantastic at both Intimate & Live and the Anti Tour

P'NutButter and Maki like this.
  9. I’m surprised the Say Hey 0 caused such a reaction when others give PWL tracks a score range of 0-2.
    It is a great track though and got an 8 from me.

The one that hurts the most is Fragile leaving. What a song. Definitely one of my favourite Kylie album tracks.

10. I have the opposite view of fragile And it should have gone before some of the other album tracks, it’s a nothing on the album and the Fever outtakes and B sides are stronger I think

11. "Say Hey" received a 9 from me and it surely stings to see it out much earlier than should be.
    One of the best album tracks from "Impossible Princess" - there's something intimate about it, the melody is very cute (a bit repetitive, though) and I love the outro.
    It was originally set on a score of 8.5, since the song isn't anything groundbreaking, but then I payed closer attention to the lovely and detailed production (the water sounds!) and decided to bump it a bit.

I agree that a 0 or it is way too harsh, but each to their own. It actually makes me glad it managed to make it top the top 80 even with that score.

12. I was making the 'Too Far' poster alongside this one, so I possibly switched the write-ups by accident and was kinda hoping I'd get away with it you bugger!

[​IMG]

Christmas Isn't Christmas 'til You Get Here 7.82

Highest Score: 10 x 10 @Adora Day, @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Sprockrooster, @Hudweiser,
    @nanafan, @hawkings24, @VeryPSB, @CasperFan, @ankh, @Gnuh Gnuh
    Lowest Score: 2.5 x 1 @M24

@Hudweiser - 10 Should've been the single.
    @nanafan - 10 Exactly what I wanted on this album. Fun and should have had its chance to shine with the general public.
    @CasperFan - 10 For fuck’s sake why was this not released as a single, promoted on every show possible and been Christmas number 1! What a waste of a Christmas classic.
    @Maki - 8 Very cute song. It's not amazing, but really catchy and I love how it completely captures the Christmas spirit.
    @M24 - 2.5 Serviceable Christmas song but far from the best the album has to offer. Think I prefer White December to this, and I'm not too fussed about that one either.

Sail On, GimmeWork, DJHazey and 22 others like this.
  13. Bloody brilliantly song that.

that little face she does at the end of the song on the Christmas show just before the final note melts my heart

14. "Christmas Isn't Christmas 'til You Get Here" is quite an adorable song and I'm pleasantly surprised it managed to get this far. Surely one of the better original tracks from the Christmas albums.

15. I almost gave All the Lovers a 0 just to see what the response would be like, still feel like there's a chance I'll be the lowest scorer though

Maki likes this.
  16. Say Hey going out while there’s still Christmas songs in...

17. I've just caught up on another 20 odd pages, I've lost a few 10s - Fragile, Million Miles and Never Too Late. Fragile is probably my favourite song on Fever, I just adore it and it was a contender for my Parlophone 11. I've always loved Never Too Late but hearing it live full blast on the SBIT tour really cemented my love for it.

I'm happy my 3 11's are all still in the rate, I'm expecting my Parlophone 11 to go first as I know it's a real divisive song on here and hated my many...

P'NutButter and Crisp X like this.
  18. I love the Christmas album but what is any of it still doing in?

The PWL tracks have no place being here either really, but it's hard to be too mad since there are relatively few.

Verandi likes this.
  19. "Christmas Isn't Christmas Til You Get Here" is a real delight. Listening to it made me happy just now, at the end of June, when the world is going to hell.

P'NutButter likes this.
  20. I find Say Hey really difficult to listen to. Still, I gave it a 6 for being so unique.

P'NutButter likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.