Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #61-59 ...a genuinely big exit) | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #61-59 ...a genuinely big exit)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

24 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

82 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. Problem is it's 5 % killer vs. 95 % filler.

Maki and Verandi like this.
  2. I am very much the other way around on this. That's why I love these rates, we all rightfully have our own opinions, even if we don't always agree.

abael, SophiaSophia, M24 and 2 others like this.
  3. Not sad to see this one go. I’ve appreciated it more over time but never been a fave. 6

Robert and Maki like this.
  4. The PWL songs are a bit frustrating because if she didn't push her vocals so damn hard and the production was stripped down a bit, they would be good. Most of them really sound like commercial jingles.

Pinky25 and Maki like this.
  5. I don't care what anyone says, I love 'I Miss You' and I gave it an 8. I know the chorus isn't the best but I always sing along to it and I think the verses are some of the best on the parent album. The subject of the lyrics is always something that resonates with me.

abael, SophiaSophia, Aester and 6 others like this.
  6. The quite like the verses of I Miss You but it’s like SAW just gave up on the chorus.

Maki likes this.
  7. "I Miss You" isn't bad song. Actually, it's cute, just one of the most obvious filler tracks on her albums and that definitely meant an early exit for it. It's not even my least favourite from the debut, but it's a good elimination.

Literally the last four tracks from "Kylie" + "The Loco-Motion" are some of her weakest PWL moments and all of them leaving early would be great.

8. There's probably less than 20 PWL songs that deserve to be in the top half of this rate

EDIT: Yes I was correct there's 18!

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
    Turn It into Love
    Hand on Your Heart
    Wouldn't Change a Thing
    Never Too Late
    I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)
    Enjoy Yourself
    Better the Devil You Know
    Step Back in Time
    What Do I Have to Do
    Shocked
    Things Can Only Get Better
    Give Me Just a Little More Time
    Finer Feelings
    Live and Learn
    Right Here, Right Now
    What Kind of Fool
    Where In the World?

Maki likes this.
  9. This Got To Be Certain erasure though.

abael, MilesAngel, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  10. I agree with these (the ones in bold are my faves from that era and one of them is my 11). The rest? Not so much.

And where's "I Should Be So Lucky"? It's definitely among my top 10 of the PWL years.

11. No way did I forget to include Got to Be Certain! Yes you are correct it SHOULD be there

Holly Something and Maki like this.
  12. I find I Should Be So Lucky grating to be honest, and SHOCKED is one of her BEST PWL tracks, the DNA single mix is SO much better, and that's what my rating is based off

13. That's odd, considering you love the PWL years. Also, I find "Word Is Out" and "Too Much of a Good Thing" one of her best from that period and both deserve to reach the top half, too. They were very underrated in the previous rate.

14. One Boy Girl is her best PWL song, but y'all ain't ready for that conversation.

Maki likes this.
  15. Time for a rest from the PWL tracks, I Feel For You, After Dark, I Was Gonna Cancel, Whistle and Cosmic can all go in the next few eliminations

16. Oh, I forgot about that one! Probably my favourite song from "Rhythm of Love".

SlowGinFizzzz likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

Oh and why am I not surprised in the least that @Sprockrooster gave Heaven and Earth a 10?

18. There's a PWL single that should go before anything else, and it's a duet, and no, it's not Especially for You.

nikkysan, Phonetics Boy, aux and 3 others like this.
  19. The first single is leaving now...

[​IMG]

If You Were With Me Now 4.95

Highest Score: 10 x 3 @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Hudweiser, @Gnuh Gnuh
    Lowest Score: 0 x 4 @aux, @Mirwais Ahmadzaï, @KingBruno, @Hurricane Drunk

@Hudweiser - 10 My favourite Kylie duet; just a straightforward pop ballad with a perfect middle eight. What happened to Keith Washington though?
    @nanafan - 9 Strong ballad moment and worthy Top 5 entry. Great orchestration on this.
    @M24 - 8.5 Wonderful duet.

@Maki - 7.5 I'm here for a sappy ballad, but this one doesn't reach its full potential. Don't really know how to feel about the featured singer, either. Still, it's mature for Kylie at the time, she sounds gorgeous and I find the song quite lovely overall.
    @Andsov - 6.5 Soppy and Disney-like, but quite nice.
    @CasperFan - 6.5 Kylie sounds great and has never looked more beautiful in the video.

@MrJames - 4 Kylie going all Mariah on us.
    @mrdonut - 3 Absolute drivel
    @Untouchable Ace - 0.5 I get to bad mouth songs that sound like karaoke, yay.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  20. Really? REALLY? The fuck is wrong with y'all?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.