Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #67-66) | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #67-66)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

24 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

82 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. If You Were With Me Now shouldn’t have gone yet. That’s a loss

2. I didn't think it would be the first one to leave from the album to be honest. I mean it's really bad but not the worst.

Phonetics Boy, SlowGinFizzzz and Maki like this.
  3. SloMover and Untouchable Ace like this.
  4. Now that's a shock. (and the way that @Mirwais Ahmadzaï just called it is impressive)

I definitely didn't expect "If You Were With Me Now" to leave so early and be so divisive. It's not even among her weaker PWL singles (especially when "The Loco-Motion" exists), let along the weakest overall single (and, technically, the first single to leave would've been "Wonderful Christmastime").
    Not a big loss for me, but still remains a very underrated song. Her vocals are gorgeous and I'm still surprised by how much it flopped compared to the previous rate.

Thinking about it more, it's pretty much obvious that misandry is present on this forum and that will reflect to "Beautiful" and "Especially for You", both of which I don't really mind.

And Kylie's an absolute stunner in that music video, as well as the "Finer Feelings" one.

"No World Without You" already left a few eliminations ago. I don't blame you for not realizing that, since it's a forgettable song.

5. Oh I guess I wiped off that song from my memory that I forgot it was already gone ddddd but seriously Let's Get To It needs some more culling.

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  6. aux

aux

If You Were With Me Now is rancid, bye!

7. Poor If You Were With Me Now. Absolutely love that song. I can think of 100 other songs I would’ve chosen to go before this. I gave it a solid 8.

Doodvid, Gnuh Gnuh, M24 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Another thing I find surprising is that @Verandi has yet to appear as the actual lowest scorer of a song, given his averages for the early albums.

Speaking of "Let's Get to It" tracks, that awful "I Guess I Like It Like That" (and the other version of it) should leave as soon as possible.

Untouchable Ace and Verandi like this.
  9. All the tracks eliminated until now got scores between 3 and 5 from me. I actually used only two 0s in total. An angel! A charity queen!

I only have eight 6+ scores for the PWL years LOL

P'NutButter, SlowGinFizzzz and Maki like this.
  10. Basically anything that isn't Finer Feelings or I Guess I Like It Like That can go from Let's Get To It

letuinmybackdoor and aux like this.
  11. aux

aux

Totally agree.

12. M24

M24

Oh noooooo, it's criminal to send If You Were With Me Now packing already! WHY???

Can I re-submit my ballot raising all my PWL scores? :(

I didn't expect the era to be loved, but you can't take issue with this song as it's neither immature nor vocally off.

13. Yeah I realize I Guess I Like It Like That is more of underrated favorite. I only gave both an 8, so I won't really crying too hard about it.

aux likes this.
  14. This time round I gave this a 3 instead of a 0 like I did in the previous rate as I was being a bit too harsh even though I find the song to be very overly saccharine in the worst way but I can appreciate the vocals.

15. I gave 'If You Were With Me Now' 4. It's nice enough but if you asked me to sing it I would only be able to sing the title melody and nothing else.

16. If You Were With Me Now, is absolutely beautiful and give me this over the likes of Whistle anyday. I sometimes forget that song even exists to be honest.

Cowboystyle, nanafan, Doodvid and 3 others like this.
  17. As much as I adore Finer Feelings, the rest of the mature balladeer attempts on Let's Get To It are not good. I wish she would've just gone all out and given us the rave-lite album that this era's b-sides were clearly yearning to join.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. I just wish the original Chicago House demo of Do You Dare, would be released from the vaults!

Untouchable Ace and Ramalama like this.
  19. Consistency is the key!

The songs from the PWL years I would like to see leave next:
    Keep On Pumpin' It
    I Guess I Like It Like That
    The Loco-Motion
    I'll Still Be Loving You
    Secrets
    Celebration
    Especially For You
    And there's a lot more of them that I wouldn't mind if they get eliminated.

Same, hehe. Actually, I can recall the lovely middle-8, too.
    But I consider it in the better half of songs from "Let's Get to It" for sure.

MilesAngel likes this.
  20. It should be rather telling that my lowest scores were My Secret Heart, Heaven and Earth, and If You Were With Me Now, and all have left. They share a certain ... je ne sais quoi.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.