Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #67-66) | Page 50 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 1 The Albums+ (RESULTS! #67-66)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Mar 16, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie era?

1. PWL Years: 1989-1993

19 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Deconstruction: 1994-1999

24 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Parlophone+: 2000-

82 vote(s)
    65.6%

1. [​IMG]

Beautiful (With Enrique Iglesias) 4.96

Highest Score: 10 x 3 @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Sprockrooster, @nanafan
    Lowest Score: 0 x 6 @clowezra, @KingBruno, @The Hot Rock, @SophiaSophia, @Ana Raquel, @Ramalama

@Sprockrooster - 10 Melt me both to a puddle of a sobbing mess.
    @nanafan - 10 The acoustic of this was the first dance at my wedding as I love the sentiment. The vocoder in the album version is unnecessary and I suspect this will leave the rate early.

@Untouchable Ace - 8.5 Solo all the way.
    @mrdonut - 7 I feel sick typing my score but there are moments (the vocodered “sail along” at 1:47) I really rather enjoy.
    @CasperFan - 6.5 The use of vocoder kinda spoils it but a lush song.

@M24 - 3.5 Enrique's voice is not so bad I think. Just wish it had less autotune. Otherwise I'd give it a higher score.
    @Hudweiser 3 - I'm glad someone saw sense to block this being a single.
    @hawkings24 - 2 Don't even speak to me about this song it's horrific ... the autotune, Enrique, it's all just vile.

@Andsov - 1 I'll just pretend this never happened.
    @Ana Raquel 0 - This freaking song I swear. Both Kylie and Enrique were two of the artists I played the most back then and when I saw there would be this feat I got HYPED........... to get this autotuned cringeworthy mess. Thank you I guess.

2. I avoid giving 0s because I rarely think a song is unlistenable, but...this is it. A nightmare.

Jacques, Andsov, Aester and 7 others like this.
  3. Let's celebrate that!

Aester, abael and Maki like this.
  4. [​IMG]

Let it be known I gave it a 1 for charity.

hawkings24, clowezra, Aester and 6 others like this.
  5. Another 6 for me. Pleasant but average - the live solo versions save it.

Robert, IntoTheBlue and Maki like this.
  6. This is going swimmingly so far.

7. I adore Kiss Me Once, but I literally deleted this one track from my iTunes library. It's already a very average song to begin with, but that vocal effect and Enrique being featured really ruined it for me. Goodbye, you won't be missed! Waiting 4 The Sun should've been on the album instead of this mess.

8. Whistle is one of the worst things she has ever put her name to

9. That was my first dance at my wedding as Kiss Me Once came out when I met my husband and I played it a lot so it’s our song. The Spotify acoustic is the definitive version and the vocoder drowns it out on the album version but it’s a beautiful song and a lovely sentiment. You have all done it very very wrong

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  10. Welp. Looks like "If You Were With Me Now" and "Beautiful" have some things in common: both are duets, both were released as singles and both are very divisive among the voters. It's interesting to see how both songs had nearly a full point of their average scores higher and achieved much better placements in the previous, separate Kylie rates.
    This is getting less and less predictable as we go.

"Beautiful" received a 6.5 from me and is one of the lowest scores from "Kiss Me Once". I don't downright hate anything, but that vocoder was really unnecessary (as well as Enrique) and is presumably the reason it was tanked. However, that second chorus is quite endearing and I really like it. Otherwise, it's just a very... inconsistent song. At least it stands out sonically.
    To be honest, I didn't expect it to leave so early, but I don't care about it, so it's good.

The solo version is better and could've easily replaced the duet on the album. Still, not a fan of the song.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  11. Welp. Congrats sis!

12. I'm really shocked at If You Were With Me Now going, it's such a lovely song and along with the beautiful video it's fabulous. Beautiful is not a great loss though I don't hate it like everyone seems to.

Adora Day, M24 and Maki like this.
  13. M24

M24

Well, I celebrate that wasn't another PWL elimination. I actually think it's decent enough to get a better placement, but like others have pointed out, the vocal effects ruin whatever it gets going.

Will check the acoustic version @nanafan mentioned (is it from The Abbey Road Sessions?). Oh and @Sprockrooster's comment is sending me ahaha.

14. One of my anticipated eliminations that isn't PWL-related is "Someday". What a snooze of a song.

Adora Day likes this.
    Untouchable Ace and M24 like this.
  16. Really not a fan of Someday

abael, Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  17. Beautiful has been done dirty here! It's not exactly top Kylie cannon but to exit this soon seems odd, but there we go. The KMO Tour version is stunning.

Untouchable Ace and nanafan like this.
  18. THIS SONG IS THE ULTIMATE HORROR AND THE ABSOLUTE WORST SONG ON BOTH OF THEIR DISCOGRAPHIES

the amount of disappointment I had experienced was a crime against humanity and this song should be burned in hell

19. The vocal production on Beautiful is horrendous - who thought that vocodered effect would work on a fucking ballad?

I’ve never liked If You Were With Me Now but big drippy ballads were all the rage in 1991 (Whitney, Mariah, Celine etc) so I guess it makes sense as a single.

AGiantSheep likes this.
  20. Since we’re culling the duets, lets get rid of Especially For You as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.