Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 2 "B-Sides & Rarities" (RESULTS - WINNER!) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 2 "B-Sides & Rarities" (RESULTS - WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Oct 5, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie side project?

1. Kylie perfume

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Kylie At Home: Bedding and Home Accessories

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Kylie Christmas

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  4. Kylie wine

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  5. LoveKylie: Intimates & Swimwear

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. I've always found "Crystallize" to be one of the most disappointing tracks in Kylie's discography. It's fine, I guess—but considering the talent involved, fine isn't good enough. I remember when I first discovered that they were going to release a Kylie × Dev Hynes track and being so excited, especially because this was after "Everything Is Embarrassing" and "Losing You"—two of the greatest songs of all time—and then being just whelmed when it was actually released. "Crystallize" is yet another "I Believe In You" redux—it's cute, but hardly essential, which makes it the perfect charity single. I gave it a six, which is actually quite surprising because I would've thought that I'd give it a sub-five score.

roblognick, Andsov, Aester and 2 others like this.
  2. Always found it quite funny that this one peaked only one place lower after the over hyped I Was Gonna Cancel.

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  3. Crystallize 10
    I Believe In You’s little sister. Can you imagine how good the unreleased Jake Shears/Kylie stuff would be? I Hope we get to hear it all eventually! My only complaint about the song is that it ends too early-it needs a couple more choruses!

4. I never knew Dev Hynes was involved with Crystallize, it's such a nothing song. Like Bette Davis Eyes it's great on paper but severely lacking in reality for me.

roblognick and Andsov like this.
  5. Uno

Uno

Crystallize is definitely Kylie on auto-pilot but that doesn't make it any less great. It's perfectly sweet.

6. Total soft spot for "Crystallize". I am the owner of an "A" note too.

7. Ew, Crystallize. There’s something there, but it’s near impossible to find because of the sugar.

elektroxx likes this.
  8. M24, Robert, Maki and 14 others like this.

9. [​IMG]

M24, Robert, Maki and 11 others like this.
  10. I love this more than 90 % of Aphrodite. And I generally really like Aphrodite. What an amazing track!

Uno, elektroxx, nikkysan and 4 others like this.
  11. It went #1 in my heart

12. why are we eliminating aphrodite tracks i don't get it

M24, Uno, MilesAngel and 4 others like this.
  13. 'Mighty Rivers' was an iTunes-only track so I included it in this part as a "b-side", or do you mean in general?

M24 and elektroxx like this.
  14. Mighty Rivers 8
    Like Heartstrings, it doesn’t feel fully formed but still a great song.

15. In general!

16. Wow what a top ten! Here's my order...

1. Skirt
    2. Cherry Bomb
    3. Sparks
    4. Tears
    5. Love Takes Over Me
    6. Golden Boy
    7. Paper Dolls
    8. Do It Again
    9. Tightrope
    10. Made Of Glass

P'NutButter likes this.
  17. "Mighty Rivers" is the best Kylie × Xenomania collaboration, alongside "Made Of Glass." It's a shame that it just missed the Top 10.

Speaking of which, the Top 10 is pretty solid. Ideally, we'd lose "Do It Again" and "Paper Dolls" first though.

18. Mighty Rivers' fatal flaw is repeating the same verse twice, but it's a lovely little song.

19. 11 tens! Bloody hell.

20. The eliminations continue to be a mess, I see.

Half of the songs in the top 10 received a sub-7 score from me, and my highest remaining score is a 9.
    My personal top 3 would look like this:
    1. Cherry Bomb
    2. Love Takes Over Me
    3. Tightrope

heartmightmelt and P'NutButter like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.