Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 2 "B-Sides & Rarities" (RESULTS - WINNER!) | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 2 "B-Sides & Rarities" (RESULTS - WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Oct 5, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie side project?

1. Kylie perfume

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Kylie At Home: Bedding and Home Accessories

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Kylie Christmas

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  4. Kylie wine

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  5. LoveKylie: Intimates & Swimwear

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. She sounds like that Walmart yodeling kid on "Tears", sorry.

P'NutButter likes this.
  2. Tears 8.5
    I can understand why this was a bonus track as sonically it is very much like Limbo-I do love it and love the vocals. Happier than high….is a moment

IntoTheBlue and P'NutButter like this.
  3. Skirt 9.9 What a triumph buy angrily a missed opportunity. I just don't like the generic hollow drum introduction instrument. It's like what they did to the 'Too Lost In You' radio edit.

Tears 7.6 Not only are there the Breathe and Did It Again similarities but this plays up the futuristic vibes.

The Real Thing 5.7 I can hear why noone wanted this as a single. The "Ooooh-mow"s were unnecessary.

Cover Me With Kisses 5.2 I'm happy she abandoned the 60s.

Rippin' Up The Disco 9.3 A little whiney clown again.

berserkboi and P'NutButter like this.
  4. "Skirt" is great and definitely a sonic standout, but not one of my favourites of this rate. I get the appeal, though.

But how the heck "Sparks" managed to last this long? I was sure it was going to leave at #5.
    Perhaps it's the most consistently scored song of the rate.

P'NutButter likes this.
  5. Skirt... is the last 10 that Kylie has given to the world. No it's true, it's true.

SlowGinFizzzz and P'NutButter like this.
  6. Skirt 8.5
    Love the intro and the vocals. I remember being unsure about Skirt when it was first released but grew to love it quite quickly.

Maki, P'NutButter and elektroxx like this.
  7. And then my skirt came down!
    [​IMG]
    Down!
    [​IMG]
    DOWN!
    [​IMG]
    DOWN!
    [​IMG]
    AND THEN MY SKIRT CAME
    D O W N !

8. The moment I saw the notification I knew it was coming..................................

we can't even have a minute of peace here!!!!!!

9. Skirt - 8. Love the production in this but I have to be in the right mood.

P'NutButter, Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  10. Uno

Uno

I hated Skirt when it came out but now it SLAPS!

WhatKindOfKylie? and P'NutButter like this.
  11. I get why many of y'all hate Kiss Me Once and I'll admit that it feels more like a mixtape than an album, but musically the era (counting everything from Skirt up until the second Garibay EP) was iconic on so many levels. I love how unapologetically sexual she was on songs like Skirt or Sexercize, and with Skirt especially, it kinda feels like her last truly bold and daring move to me. Now if only she had been able to release Mr. President as the lead single and build the entire album around that kind of sound...

As for Skirt itself: bop of the century, I don't know what else to say. I'm actually quite surprised it made it this far, I assumed it would be a lot more divisive, considering how it's often talked about in the Kylie threads. Should've been the winner of this rate, of course, but top five isn't too bad.

P'NutButter, OSHi, elektroxx and 4 others like this.
  12. Uno

Uno

Cherry Bomb needs to win.

M24, Maki, P'NutButter and 2 others like this.
  13. "Skirt" is such a banger. I remember being scalped the second that I heard it. It's a shame that it was lost in the shuffle due to it being issued as a promo single. Sure, the initial reception to "Skirt" wasn't entirely positive, but if it'd received a proper single release, I'm sure that it still would've smashed. I agree with @SlowGinFizzzz—"Skirt" really does feel like Kylie's last bold and daring move. Some may argue that it wasn't a particularly brave move because EDM was the genre at that moment, but for Kylie to temporarily abandon her pop sensibilities and go full EDM, I'd argue that it was a brave move. However, an album of "Mr. Presidents" is not something that I can say that I'd be interested. The superior Tommy Trash collaboration was "Waiting 4 The Sun." #Justice4Waiting4TheSun
    I–

I do agree that "Tears" isn't the best that Kylie has sounded, but it's all about the production for me.

14. Damn, I was really hoping "Loves Takes Over Me" would reach top 3.
    I'm baffled by the demo-ish "Sparks" outlasting it.

Aester, Robert and Verandi like this.
  15. "Love Takes Over Me" is one of my favorite Kylie tracks of all time. It genuinely feels epic—I love how it builds from the more subtle first verse to the epic second verse. The bridge legitimately gives me goosebumps. I'm glad to see it make the Top 5.

I think that I'm with @Verandi now—"Sparks" should leave next. I love "Sparks" in its Crash Bandicoot soundtrack glory, but it does seem a bit out of its depth and this point.

I guess that my Top 3 would look like this:
    3. "Sparks,"
    2. "Cherry Bomb,"
    1. "Tightrope."

Aester, Maki, Verandi and 1 other person like this.
  16. Well I'm gutted neither Love Takes Over Me nor Take Me With You made it to the top three.

I guess out of the three songs left, my ideal outcome would be:
    1. Cherry Bomb
    2. Sparks
    3. Tightrope (it's cute, but literally HOW did it make it that far?)

Adora Day, OSHi and Maki like this.
  17. All my 10s are gone, some of y'all need help.

Maki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.