Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 2 "B-Sides & Rarities" (RESULTS - WINNER!) | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

Kylie: The Complete Discography Rate - Part. 2 "B-Sides & Rarities" (RESULTS - WINNER!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by P'NutButter, Oct 5, 2020.

?

What is your favourite Kylie side project?

1. Kylie perfume

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Kylie At Home: Bedding and Home Accessories

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Kylie Christmas

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  4. Kylie wine

31 vote(s)
    43.1%
  5. LoveKylie: Intimates & Swimwear

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Cherry Bomb 10
    Another better-than-the-also-brilliant-a-side. Another Anti-tour highlight. That chorus is such a rush!

Tightrope 10
    Such a great song-can’t understand why this was left off the Fever album? Could easily have been a single. Glad it got an airing during the anti-tour-what a moment that was. A very worthy winner!

Bring on part 3 of this rate-really looking forward to that one as I think they will be much harder to score and I have no obvious 11 yet.

Thank you @P’NutButter for hosting this so brilliantly

2. Well....Tightrope is a very worthy, albeit predictable, winner but I can't fault it really. one of her finest b-sides for sure.

Thank you @P'NutButter for all your hard work on these rates! always a pleasure participating.

P'NutButter and berserkboi like this.
  3. Part 3, will be very interesting I think.

4. Huh... Well I can't say I'm surprised, although as I've been saying I was hoping for a winner with a little more edge. Still a very cute track, though!

Thanks for hosting @P'NutButter, I really enjoyed this rate (aside from some... choices ddd). Really looking forward to part 3!
    #voteforWaiting4TheSun

5. Tightrope was a bit predictable, but an incredibly deserving winner. It’s one of my most played Kylie songs ever. The shocking part is that some people scored it less than 10.

Fantastic rate yet again @P'NutButter thanks for all the work you’ve put into it

6. If I remember correctly, the main reason that it was left off Fever was because it wasn't completed in time. I don't know the full story, but the Fever sessions seem to have been rushed, hence the Cathy Dennis-heavy album version of "Come Into My World" and an unmastered "Tightrope" appearing as the Australian bonus track on Fever. They eventually released the mastered version as a b-side on "In Your Eyes" several months later.

7. The Top 2 are both good songs but I've never been excited by them, like I have others in the rate.

Cherry Bomb - 7.5. This has always been my least favourite X B-side, barring White Diamond. The backing track is at its best in the verses but I'm not a huge fan of the chorus or lyrics as a whole.

Tightrope - 8. I do prefer this to two of the album tracks and it's one of the best Fever B-Sides. It does have a great progression from the moody verse into the light, airy chorus. I am pleased that it won the rate.

8. Thank you @P'NutButter for another fabulous rate. The artwork has been stunning and you've chosen some beautiful photos that I've never seen before.

Cannot wait for the Anti-Rate and I already know my 11. I think it will be unpredictable.

9. Tightrope is such a great tune...it's gallops along so nicely. It's romantic, desperate and melancholy at the same time and her voice is just pop vocal perfection, not everyone has that. She just sounds so smooth and effortless.

10. 110% agreed.

11. Woohoo!!! A stunning winner that will for sure be a 12 contender for me in the next Winners Rate!

Thanks again for a wonderful, and wonderfully paced Rate @p’nutbutter !!

Maki, Robert, elektroxx and 2 others like this.
  12. Thank you for all the nice comments.

The final part of this whole thing will probably start in a month or two, so get ready!

Confide In Me (Big Brothers Mix)

Aston Martin
    For All I'm Worth
    Living For Your Loving (And I'm Feeling Fine)
    Our Lovin' (The Light I was Looking For)
    At The End Of The Day
    Love Is On The Line
    You're The One
    Free [Live]

Always & Forever

Feels So Good
    No Better
    So High
    Alone Again

I'm Just Here For The Music
    On The Up
    I'm Sorry
    My Image Unlimited
    Trippin' Me Up

Drip Drop

(Everything) I Know
    Loving You

White Diamond [Live]

You Are There
    Try Your Wings
    Made In Heaven [Ballad Version]
    Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

Down Down
    Sexual Gold
    When The Song Comes On
    Guess
    Ooh
    My Love Is Real
    Classical Transit
    I Can't Help That
    Acid Min
    Osmondosis
    Simple Boy
    What's It Gonna Take
    Fall For You
    Right Here, Right Now
    Ruffle My Feathers (Everlasting Love)
    Like Love
    You Make Me Feel
    Love Attack (So Safe)
    Extraordinary Day (Taprobane)
    Something To Believe In
    Come Down
    You're Hot
    Lose Control
    I'm In The Mood For Love
    Spell Of Desire
    Survival (I'm Ready)
    That's Why They Write Love Songs [Live]

Love Love Love (Broken Hearted)
    Change Your Mind

There Must Be An Angel [Live]

Who Were We

Sugar High
    Waiting 4 The Sun
    Voodoo

Need You Tonight [Live]

Off With His Shirt (From Galavant)
    Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep (From Swinging Safari)

Blue Velvet [Live]

Cool (Troye Sivan cover)

- I will also be letting voters score DISCO, and I'll reveal where each track would place in the overall ranking of Kylie's whole discography.

13. Oop, looks like the tough battle was actually between "Sparks" and "Cherry Bomb" for the runner-up spot and "Tightrope" remained an unbothered runaway winner.

It definitely makes sense why "Tightrope" ended up as an obvious winner, especially considering it made top 20 in the Parlophone rate.
    Personally, I love the verses of the song and the production/soundscape is excellent, but the melody in the chorus doesn't really resonate with me as much.

Wonderfully run rate, @P'NutButter! Thank you for being so efficient with the reveals, while providing some stunning graphics.

Looking forward to the part 3 - I should start listening to the songs as soon as possible.

14. Tightrope is Top 10 Kylie for me and absolutely deserving of its win. Thanks for the rate @P'NutButter!

15. Ehhhh, two good tracks but I feel there are better ones for the top 2. At least a good song won so I'll take it.

Thanks for the rate! Can't wait for part 3!

16. Great rate, great winner, great host.
    Thank you.

Here is the rest of my commentary.

I Am The One For You 8.9 Although these b-sides obviously use keyboard instruments over the real thing, they are generally much better than what we got. What happened?

Tightrope 8.9 Could have even been a single. It's very hopeful, very 'Surrender'.

Heartstrings 9.7 I needed that synthy dream pop album from Kylie. This being one of the solid album tracks.

Silence 9.6 Aphrodite really was the best.

Golden Boy 9.4 Better than 'Golden'.

17. Do we think Tightrope was left off Fever because it sounds similar-ish to Your Love. I didn’t clock until now that both were written by Paul Statham & Pascal Gabriel who were both members of Comeback Corner favourites Peach (or Audiopeach in the US)

Statham was also involved with songs for PJ royalty like Dido, Rachel Stevens, Natalie Imbruglia, Lisa Scott-Lee and Bananarama so he probably deserves an unsung hero knighthood or something.

Aester, heartmightmelt and CasperFan like this.
  18. Thank you @P'NutButter for your stellar work - can't wait for the Anti-rate!

M24, P'NutButter, Maki and 4 others like this.
  19. What an superb selection of songs in the Anti Rate that is.

20. [​IMG]

P'NutButter and Untouchable Ace like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.