La Roux - In For The Kill | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - In For The Kill

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by AceReject, Jan 14, 2009.

1. New single apparently. Though doesn't it sound almost identical to Quicksand? You can actually sing the words of Quicksand along to it...

Hoping shes not a one trick pony.

2. Re: La Roux - In It For The Kill

Hopefully she'll be a no trick pony once the first single is out and dusted.

3. Re: La Roux - In It For The Kill

I really want to like her, big fan of my quirky electropop female singers. But i just listened to this again and I swear it gave me a headache. Very shrill.

4. Re: La Roux - In It For The Kill

I think she can sound a bit shrill on the verses, but I LOVE the chorus, and I have loved it since I heard the 30 second sample as PJ's Song of the Day.

5. Re: La Roux - In It For The Kill

It's called 'In for the Kill' isn't it? o.o

Quite similar to 'Quicksand', love the breakdown though and yeah the verses are a bit painful on the ear. I assume the final version isn't out there yet?

6. Re: La Roux - In It For The Kill

This high-pitched bird call is her first single? Stupid. "Fascination" is a much better track, with much better vocals.

7. Re: La Roux - In It For The Kill

I'm assuming the version out there atm is unmastered or a demo. The verses are too high pitched and leaves barely anyone able to listen/enjoy it properly :s

8. I love 'In For The Kill' ...in fact, it's my favourite Roux track so far... so I'm happy!

9. I don't really like Elly's voice. It sounds like it would be more suited to folk or something.

The songs are good, but the vocals really put me off.

10. I've not really listened to her. I think I'd really like her in theory. But nearly everyone I know hates La Roux. La Roux Poo is what my friend Malcolm calls her.

I think I'll investigate these songs...

11. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I like a lot of things about her, but I've yet to give In For The Kill a listen. Quicksand, I find, is a pretty good ode to Prince though.

12. Seconded. I thought 'Quicksand' was a rough demo the first time I heard it. I like a lot of the production, but where Little Boots's voice just seems to purr, I don't know, Elly just seems a bit shrill to me. I'd like to hear more though....

13. i'm getting the idea that La Roux will be a bit more Imogen Heap rather than Little Boots ... i'm gonna wait until an album appears but i like what i've heard so far ...

14. In For The Kill was my favourite of the myspace songs - I was sure it would be a single at some point.

She's playing Exeter at the end of next week, but I don't think I'll be able to get to it - curses!

15. Oooh Oooh... rather tempting... but I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it either. Grrr.

16. I just downloaded and gave it a listen. Promptly deleted.

17. It's shite.

18. That's because at least some of La Roux's songs started out as Elly Jackson's singer-songwriter bit.

Mutton dressed as lamb etc.

19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Alright, well I got my hands on In For the Kill; it's a C+ for me. Very good chorus, and perhaps the rest can grow on me. I am a big fan of Quicksand though.

20. When Doves Cry is great after all these years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.