La Roux - La Roux (album) | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - La Roux (album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Amazingly, there doesn't appear to be a general discussion thread on either them or their debut. Previews of the album are now out on Amazon and iTunes. Notable is the iTunes pre-order exclusive "Saviour."

Overall, I really can't believe how good this album sounds, start to finish. I'm still loving the old tracks, and the new tracks, like "Colourless Colour" and "As If By Magic" sound equally as amazing. I'm literally chomping at the bit for this one.

Tracklisting:

1. In For The Kill
    2. Tigerlily
    3. Quicksand
    4. Bulletproof
    5. Colourless Colour
    6. I'm Not Your Toy
    7. Cover My Eyes
    8. As If By Magic
    9. Fascination
    10. Reflections Are Protections
    11. Armour Love
    12. Growing Pains (UK Bonus Track)
    13. Saviour (iTunes Pre-Order Bonus)

[​IMG]

2. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

I am just as excited! The previous thread disappeared so all the discussion has been contained in the Bulletproof thread.

Let me first start by saying that the album needs to leak now because I know it will not come quickly enough (thanks Royal Mail… I guess that's what I get for living in the US).

I didn't quite realize the album was going to be the tears and grimness affair it seems to be, even though all the interviews and the NME track-by-track made it clear that it was about a horrible, twisty relationship, so it was a pleasant surprise to realize that a lot of it isn't dance at all, but sparse electroballadry. It all sounds amazing. Armour Love and As If By Magic are the ones I am most eager to hear. And someone had better leak "Saviour." Soon.

3. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Cannot wait for this.

4. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Ouch.

I feel like I've been waiting for this album forever -- I preordered it so long ago that I needed my CDwow order history to remind me.

Glad to hear it's a mixed-tempo affair. Based on the high-quality of the single releases, I can only imagine that a lot of thought has gone into this album. I'm anxiously awaiting the chance to play this in my car at full blast.

5. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

I need this album NOW

6. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

i LOVE love love "Tigerlily". It really gets to me.
    And, out of the previews "Saviour" and "Armour Love" sound the best.

7. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Hey, I love La Roux and have been waiting for previews for ages - can anyone tlel me which site they are on? Have had a look about but cant find them. thanks :-)

8. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

June!? I thought it was only out in late July! I'm pretty sure Amazon used to have it listed as that.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this, I have a feeling it'll be amazing.

9. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

oops, If i bothered to read the OP's post properly I would have seen that previews are on amazon and Itunes, sorry!

10. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

These dont appear to be up on any of the amazon sites and I cant get itunes at work dammit :-(

11. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

On Amazon UK it's the videos at the top of the product page - not the regular mp3 previews.

12. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Cool ta :-)

13. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Cover My Eyes.

I'm awaiting the glory of that song.

14. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Me too, the minute long clip floating about just sounds stunning

15. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Amazing amazing album. I'm writing a full review as we speak...

16. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

This has been said elsewhere, but I agree that (at least from the previews) it sounds like a real album, a cohesive whole that works from beginning to end. Literally no track so far sounds like a dud to me.

17. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 28)

Me too, I can't wait to hear that one. I LOVE CHOIRS!

ManilaChinchilla likes this.
  18. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 29)

I've been highly anticipating this album since hearing 'Quicksand' towards the end of last year. I've absolutely adored everything they've done so far, and from the clips on Amazon it doesn't look like I'm going to be disappointed in the slightest.

Amazon have the album up at a bargain £5.98 with free delivery. Also got it pre-ordered over at iTunes 'cos I need that bonus track! Eurgh, I do hate iTunes 'pre-order only' tracks. They're the lowest form of rip-off in my opinion. No doubt it will turn up on the Japanese version like a lot of the iTunes pre-order bonus'. Ahh well, just aswell the physical is so cheap!

19. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 29)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_8105000/8105125.stm

So the next single is I'm Not Your Toy?

20. Re: La Roux - Album Discussion (Out June 29)

Oooh, she's self-aware, I like that! I am contemplating whether or not to see her live next month when she comes over to Germany...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.