La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles) | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elly said on Twitter that we'll get new material "spring-ish".

We've waited long enough. Bring it!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
  2. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Just in time to ruin Little Boots' comeback! Ha!

3. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I was just thinking "what happened to La Roux?" then seconds later this thread pops up. Amazing! Amazing news too, I can't wait.

4. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I have been following them for months hoping to get news of this and the thread is stolen off me! Bad times but also GOOD TIMES because I've been dying for new La Roux and I'm really intrigued to see what direction they go in with this.

5. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I used to love them, but I've lost all desire to listen to their debut. Hopefully, the new album will reignite my fandom.

6. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

2012 is going to be an amazing year for hipster pop if everything goes to plan. Sophomore albums from Marina & The Diamonds, V V Brown, Little Boots, Ladyhawke and La Roux. Bring it on.

7. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Didn't Elly say that they were moving away from the 80s synthpop sound of their debut? What the hell is La Roux going to sound like this time around?

8. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Hehe. After a year of vague articles on how they're working on a new record, finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Hurrah!

(Still waiting for the Tigerlily video, though...)

9. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I really love that every single "quirky" British female I discovered in 2009/10 will be releasing their second albums next year (assuming Ellie gets her arse in gear and ignoring the existence of Rox because I don't like her that much anyway). 2012 is going to be amazing.

10. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

This.

11. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I sort've wish they would keep the 80's style they had going on with their debut. I remember buying it off the strength of Bulletproof for like $7 at a CD store in New Jersey and it was such a great purchase.

12. He

He

Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Their debut, which I loved at the time, has not aged well to my ears. But I'll gladly see what they have in store this time around.

13. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I really hope we do get it in Spring! I would love some new La Roux music.

There has been so many vague little bits of info we've gotten about the second album for so long now I don't know if it's true anymore. Like when she said the vocal style will be different and that it happened naturally but then in another interview she said it will still sound like La Roux but more mature.

Anyway, exciting times.

14. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I am very excited about this...

15. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

It'll be 80s synthpop if they're wise. I'm not a fan of La Roux, and I think Elly's voice sounds like a truck colliding into a farm, but Bulletproof is a superb pop song and their debut album is very strong.

War Of Words are brilliant too.

16. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I would love if it were still very 80s, so that the War of Words project could serve as a proper counterpoint. Kind of like how Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton are helmed by the same designer but present separate viewpoints.

I have a weirdly high amount of faith in them, though. Maybe it's unfounded.

17. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

What is it with ginger singers going blonde these days?!

18. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Stops people spitting on them in public.

19. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Weren't they talking about going full on Italo disco for their second album like a million years ago? I recall Elly saying she had just discovered Glass Candy and she loved them. That direction would totally suit them!

20. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Will debut new tracks at Coachella in April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.