La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upu

upu

Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

LA ROUX READIES ‘SEXIER’ ALBUM

La Roux, the original blog-siren is back with a ‘sexier’ album set for May.

The fair-haired quiffster behind internet hits “Bulletproof” and “In For The Kill” will follow up her self-titled effort from way back in 2009.

Elly Jackson says: “A lot of music that’s quite sexual is aggressive, but the music itself doesn’t sound sexy – it’s more people shouting, ‘Look at my bum! Look!’ I’m not turned on by it, I’m terrified.” But she has promised that the album will be, “a lot cheekier”

http://stoneyroads.com/la-roux-readies-sexier-album/

The new Elly:
    [​IMG]

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

2. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

She looks like Tilda Swinton. Sounds promising however.

3. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

VERY excited for this!

4. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Looking like Tilda Swinton is the best a woman like Ellie could dream of.
    That woman is the definition of "classy".

Can't wait!

5. ops

ops

This is arguably the worst-written article I've ever read on the internet, Christ alive. "Original blog-siren"? "Quiffster"? "Internet hits"? How about you know, actual hits.

Cautiously optimistic though.

6. upu

upu

Well,she did say the album will out during this spring,so I guess (and hope) it's true.

7. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

"La Roux" and "sexy" are terms I never expected to see together.

8. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Nobody has problem that article refers to la Roux as one-man-band?

9. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Where?

10. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

There's nothing sexy about her voice, so we'll see how this works out.

11. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

"La Roux, the original blog-siren is back with a ‘sexier’ album set for May."

"is", not "are"

12. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Oh right, is that all.

Thats the thing with La Roux though, everyone thinks Elly is La Roux, when its actually Elly and Ben.

Probably only bothers about 4 people in the world though.

13. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

It bothers me to no end.
    The same with Goldfrapp, and the opposite with Little Boots, Marina and Florence.

14. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

People assume that Little Boots is a band?!

15. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

This would be an ideal time to confess that I thought Marina and the Diamonds was a band and I'm a fan!

16. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Technically it wouldn't be wrong to refer to Goldfrapp as an individual, as Goldfrapp is also, well, her name.
    I've never heard of anyone thinking that Little Boots were a band, while Florence + The Machine is a band.
    As for La Roux, I always refer to them as a solo artist, mainly because in my language it's quite cacophonic to use the plural form (it requires an additional adjective which makes 'La' sound redundant). Also, think about the case of "their" appearances, to which Ben never takes part: to refer to the supporting band as the group is not any fairer than referring simply to Elly when thinking/talking about La Roux. Of course the article was talking about the studio album, so your point still stands, but you just can't expect people to adjust so flexibly to each different situation.

17. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Florence + the Machine is a solo act.
    She has a band to support her live, but the act isn't a band. She isn't a frontwoman.

And yes, I've seen lots of people and publications refer to "the" Little Boots.
    La Roux and Goldfrapp are duos, and should be referred as such. Specially wth Goldfrapp it's borderline offensive to only refer to Alison, when it's a very collaborative effort, much more than La Roux.

18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

I would say Ben has a very similar role to Will Gregory to be honest.

19. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I didn't know that. I always thought it was "a singer producer" affair...
    Anyway, the point still stands.

20. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I don't think anyone is losing sleep over her being referred to as a group or solo. Ben isn't part of the front of the act so I don't think it matters THAT much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.