La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Call me pedantic, but it matters to me.
    If they do the work together, and the music that makes them a "hit" isn't made by only one person, they should recognize that.

I can't fault people for not knowing it, because as you said, it isn't obvious, but journalists and their publications should know better.

2. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Elly's persona and voice is essential to the success of La Roux. She is La Roux. Nobody can dispute Ben's input, of course, but when people think of La Roux, they see the quiff and hear that amazing #1 song. Bulletproof is so good it made me put my criticisms aside and listen away without resistance.

3. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

"Is" refers to the band, which is one unit.

La Roux is back, the members of La Roux are back. Aerosmith is back, etc.

4. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

No he was right, you'd say "Aerosmith are back" "Girls Aloud are back" is would be poor English.

Though in the case of La Roux, Elly is kinda La Roux. Yes they're a songwriting duo, but she fronts it.

5. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Really? Hm. I thought it would make sense in the case of Girls Aloud because Girls is plural but not if the band name was a singular unit.

OH WELL.

6. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Its actually confusing me because Girls Aloud is back doesn't make sense, but La Roux is back and are back both make sense to me.

7. ops

ops

Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

It's a regional difference - Americans use "is" for bands and most groups without Ss, as a rule)\, and Britons use "are".

8. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

"blog-siren is back".

9. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Anyway, I love the new look even if the idea of a "sexier" La Roux frightens me to a certain degree. I have faith it's going to be incredible though.

10. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Right, terminology sorted.

I'm moderately excited for this, there's a lot they can improve on from their debut, but it'll be interesting to see how that 80s sound can survive a few years on.

11. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Does anyone know what happened to the Tigerlily video?

12. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

So much for that....

"I'm gutted that we cannot play at my favourite festival. The show we played there in 2010 was one of the best I've ever done. Things are progressing well with the new record but I just don't have the time to finish it AND prepare a new set for Coachella. If they'll have us back we'd love to see you there." - Elly

13. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

When I heard that La Roux were abandoning the synths for the second album I was disappointed.

Then I read the Q article and was excited again.

a) “I sang in a register only dogs could hear.” This was my only issue with the first album. Apparently sorted.

b) “I’ve been listening to a lot of Nile Rodgers productions for inspiration”. Perfect.

Can’t wait.

14. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I never knew they were going to abandon synths! Isn't that like their entire appeal?

15. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I don't think they said that at all... did they?
    I recall seeing Ellie speak about a warmer sound or something.

But, if they did "get rid" of synths, could it turn into a Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree situation?
    Edit: by that I mean, a FUCKING BTILLIANT one.

16. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Sorry, my mistake. Synths are still there. But I understand the ultra 80's synth sound has apparently gone.

17. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

That does sound good! After pissing me off with the wait, I could get behind this.

18. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

It sounds fucking amazing. It's been too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.