La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Simply awful.

2. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

The same user has also uploaded clips of 'Uptight Downtown' and 'Kiss & Not Tell' and they both sound great too.

This material sounds much more enjoyable, the first was a bit of a miss with me.

3. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I really think the commercial success boat has passed for them, but the new material sounds really enjoyable. I'm excited to hear studio versions.

4. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

This song is brilliant. I'm officially excited for the album! I was a bit nervous up until hearing this.

5. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Tropical Chancer sounds good. Kiss & Not Tell also sounds like its going to be a smash. Colour me excited!

6. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

It's nice to see Elly has stopped being a scary reclusive Ginger pope twitter demon and is back to making good pop music.

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

It sounds like an early 80s Imagination / Bananarama / Style Council single. Amazing.

8. upu

upu

Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I missed them so much!
    This song is excellent. Very relaxing. Can't wait for their new album.

And by the way - can someone change the title of the topic? It depresses me greatly.

9. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I thought that whole "new way of singing" stuff was a load of crap but I can hear it, she does sound different. I like it, and I do agree with the post earlier regarding commercial success, shame she didn't keep up with it - 2009 is so long.

10. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

Best news of the week for me. Her voice does sound better: a little deeper, smoother. I would be fine with a whole album of "Tide is High"-style tropical reggae-lite material. Very fine, in fact. The Kitsune mix of "Quicksand" remains the song that made La Roux most exciting for me back in the day. So tropical even then!

11. Re: La Roux - Second Album (Spring 2012)

I completely misread the title of the song - I thought it said 'Tropical Cancer' at first, then misread it again to be 'Tropical Chaser', and then heard her sing 'Tropical Chancer'. It sounds nice... Nothing amazing, but nice.

12. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Low quality live recordings of songs I haven't heard in studio format will never get me excited, still this sounds promising.

I'm especially looking forward to hearing the production of her new material. Apparently the reason why she took forever is that she didn't want to make a "second first album", if you know what I mean, but wanted to go for a much more complex and deeper sound instead, something that she couldn't necessarily have achieved with Ben.

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

I know right? I even hate HQ live recordings of songs I have heard in studio format. Tropical Chancer is superbo!

14. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

None of the songs are really grabbing me. Sexoteque is the most appealing on a first listen. What's with all the mum dancing?

15. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Is she not with Ben anymore?

16. Guest member

Guest member Guest

Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Will this campaign ever kick off? What's the delay? Not even a word about a first single.

17. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

I'm not sure I'm entirely bothered about La Roux anymore, seeing this thread has made me wonder whether they'll end up like The Ting Tings.

18. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Get On With It!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.