La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

La Roux - Trouble In Paradise (Second Album & Singles)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

What the fuck happened though? Surely Polydor were gagging for them to make another record...

2. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

From what I understand there were some fundimental issues around how quickly the the record was coming together, which resulted in bad feeling on both sides. Now the record is pretty much done and being held until next year, which she really isnt happy about.

But what can she do? She is in a contract (and a pretty big money one). Sucks really not to have control over your own output and when people get to hear it. I could see he her going through the motions on this record and then ducking out of the contract and self releasing (a bit like Little Boots). Its the way many mid rung artists are going. Why constantly be on a knife edge of being dropped every album when you could self release and probably make a similar financial return? Granted, its a lot more work and your probably not going to have anywhere near the market reach of a major but at least your doing it your own way. Im not the biggest fan of Little Boots recent output but have a huge amount of respect for the way she got her creative control back. She basically turned a lot down to do it her way, and you have to really give her credit for that.

I think La Roux has the fanbase to sustain a move like this, perhaps its best for her.

3. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

It can't be. I've waited too long for this for it to be terrible. Also, the songs we heard live sound great. You can really hear the more 'rounded' sound they said they wanted to go for.

4. Guest member

Guest member Guest

Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

I don't mind the album being pushed back to next year, but why couldn't they start the first single campaign already? There's no way this album would ever come out after just 1 single.

5. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

People won't give a damn about this. I think La Roux will have a similar 2nd album reaction as Sam Sparro

6. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Im not sure. I dont think Sam Sparro really hit as hard as La Roux. They were pretty much everywhere for about a year.

7. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

My ears were not.

8. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Don't worry, neither are mine.

9. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

They were 2 years ago.

She's not working with Ben anymore is she, so thats probably half the problem with the delay.

10. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Isnt she? I'm not sure thats the case?

11. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

They're probably scared to flop? I do think it's inevitable, they seem to belong in 2008 along with Ting Tings etc

12. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Last I heard she wasn't but that could have changed. I'd be surprised though.

13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Since when? Where did you hear that? I'd be very surprised if that was the case. It'd be like Goldfrapp without Will.

14. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

It was over a year ago now, I heard through work, she was working with other people. I've no idea whether it was a permanent thing or if they're back working together now.

15. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

They are/she is doing the Sasquatch festival in the US in July. What is going on?

16. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

It has gone VERY quiet hasnt it. What could be going on?

17. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

I still don't understand why they were at Coachella in 2013.

18. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

HURRYYYYYYYYYYY UPPPPPPPPPPPPP

19. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

Is it bad that hearing "label drama" immediately makes me think of her being this really complicated Alex Parks "take me seriously as an artiste!" type person?

20. Re: La Roux - Second Album (2013)

I hate how much sense this makes. I loved both of their albums but the more time that elapses the less I care...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.