Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born & New Album | Page 326 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born & New Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 21, 2017.

1. The Bodyguard was what I’d consider a traditional soundtrack, one with massive hits attached to it, but it still features several non-Whitney songs. I see this being more of a Glitter; it’s a soundtrack and also officially considered to be Mariah’s 8th album as well.

aaronhansome, Jacques, LP and 13 others like this.
  2. Am I misremembering or was/is there a BloodPop album coming that was supposed to feature a Gaga collab? Or was it always just another one-off for Gaga?

3. It was for his album. But who knows what’ll happen now that he’s involved with the album she’s working on now. That’s why I suggested they could do a cross promo sort of thing.

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  4. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that she gets a hit off the record just because it's a soundtrack. Buzz around the movie is positive, and she built up a ton of goodwill during the Joanne era and beyond. Plus, a ton of big songs have come off of soundtracks lately - with Spotify and Apple Music, it doesn't really matter if a song is from a studio album, a soundtrack, or a one-off. It just has to get the right push.

5. The songs on the soundtrack are also super commercial for two different demographics. All they have to do is play their cards right.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  6. how many tracks does the soundtrack have? 12 gaga plus one bradley?

7. We don’t have a number, just that it’s all Gaga and two or three songs with Bradley (one being a duet with Gaga)

8. Gaga and Bradley were at U2 concert last night

Andy French likes this.
  9. And what makes you think that?

10. Why wouldn't he think that?

MYCAL, Lapras, AmericanMoney and 18 others like this.
  11. Because they don’t want the album so to them it’s going to flop miserably. It’s how their mindset works.

12. If the movie does well, the soundtrack will do well. Though I would bank more on the soundtrack doing well as a whole than individual songs.

13. Yes. It seems okay for you to talk sense so, I’ll just agree.

14. It’s not an album, it’s a soundtrack. And I don’t even know what it sounds like. I’m only going by the history of popstar movie soundtracks spawning hits as a rare and unusual exception to the rule.

15. aaronhansome, sesita, MYCAL and 13 others like this.
  16. Madonna’s Avicii demos left rotted...

17. I don't think it's gonna be on Bodyguard's levels of success, but if they play it right we may get a good single.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  18. EricG1990 likes this.
  19. The idea of the very ill fated Gypsy remake with Barbra actually coming about following this would be... heaven.

POPGASM and Digital_Fossil like this.
  20. That would be great. I remember Gaga being rumoured for that years ago... maybe during Born This Way. It would make total sense after ASIB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.