Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born & New Album | Page 326 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born & New Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 21, 2017.

1. 2019 for a new Gaga album please. Any sooner or any later won't feel right.

davidbesan and ChaosDevil like this.
  2. We got the Queen trailer and it's out in November... I'm hoping they'll do something similar, a teaser for the teaser trailer and then the full teaser the next day.

3. I'm perfectly okay with a 2019 or 2020 release for LG6. We have A Star is born soundtrack to keep us occupied for a year, the film itself, vegas and other projects she probably hasnt revealed yet.

4. We're not doing this.

5. I just had a dream that Gaga dropped a new single called Enemy. It was upbeat, had a gospel choir and it featured Shakira. Geri Halliwell introduced an exclusive rehearsal performance. In my dream I remember thinking that the song shouldn't work but it was amazing and effortlessly cool. I knew it wasn't true but I still came on to pop justice just to make sure.

MYCAL, Jacques, Raichu and 7 others like this.

7. I love how we get random pop concepts even in our dreams. We're so wrecked, girls.

Jacques, Mikey1701 and JonWayne like this.
  8. I don’t think a Q4 2018 album is “too soon”. If we’re being honest that soundtrack is unlikely to spawn any hits and the “era” will be cut short in all likelihood. Especially if the movie doesn’t take off. So a new Gaga album late this year would be two years since Joanne. Plenty of time. (Though 2022 is more likely..)

9. But the soundtrack (essentially a new Gaga album) will be released Q4 2018 and no label in their right mind is going to sink funds into two full-length projects from the same artist at the same time unless both are guaranteed to smash. If they want something out for Vegas that isn’t related to the film then they already have the BloodPop collab collecting dust that they can put out as a one off/maybe even use it as a ~bridge single to an album that comes Spring 2019.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  10. I dont think the soundtrack is going to be treated like a usual soundtrack. I feel like this might be her bodyguard moment in her career. I can see her doing performances from the soundtrack and maybe even perform with Bradley at the oscars next year.

11. The Bodyguard was what I’d consider a traditional soundtrack, one with massive hits attached to it, but it still features several non-Whitney songs. I see this being more of a Glitter; it’s a soundtrack and also officially considered to be Mariah’s 8th album as well.

Jacques, LP, sexercise and 12 others like this.
  12. Am I misremembering or was/is there a BloodPop album coming that was supposed to feature a Gaga collab? Or was it always just another one-off for Gaga?

13. It was for his album. But who knows what’ll happen now that he’s involved with the album she’s working on now. That’s why I suggested they could do a cross promo sort of thing.

VicePresidentJocasta likes this.
  14. I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility that she gets a hit off the record just because it's a soundtrack. Buzz around the movie is positive, and she built up a ton of goodwill during the Joanne era and beyond. Plus, a ton of big songs have come off of soundtracks lately - with Spotify and Apple Music, it doesn't really matter if a song is from a studio album, a soundtrack, or a one-off. It just has to get the right push.

15. The songs on the soundtrack are also super commercial for two different demographics. All they have to do is play their cards right.

Bobbyrae likes this.
  16. how many tracks does the soundtrack have? 12 gaga plus one bradley?

17. We don’t have a number, just that it’s all Gaga and two or three songs with Bradley (one being a duet with Gaga)

18. Gaga and Bradley were at U2 concert last night

Andy French likes this.
  19. And what makes you think that?

20. Why wouldn't he think that?

MYCAL, Lapras, AmericanMoney and 18 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.