Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 21, 2017.

1. That's just sexism AND ageism in one affordable combo.

2. Sorry but no. If the song wasn't clawing its way up the charts and increasing on radio/streaming they wouldn't go near it which is fine, but I have an issue with them doing these big exclusive interviews with her and then ignoring her new music until they deem it "acceptable" to playlist.

monsterboy likes this.
  3. I'm sitting in my car waiting for my boyfriend, and I'm next to a road with lots of people walking past leaving from work, and you know damn well I am blasting The Cure with the windows wide open so Gaga can get that Pedestrian promo!!

4. I got tickets to some kind of New York concert for the movie. I have no clue.

5. Well someone's gotta promo it.

myblood, Sam, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  6. speedyboi likes this.
  7. Bon Apatit is on the Playlist and Perry is a year older than GaGa, been around longer and isn't exactly lighting the charts up. It's too easy for people to blame everything on sexism and ageism and it takes away from when sexism and ageism actually does occur (Madonna for example). She isn't playlisted until now because post-art pop she's been entering has-been/heritage act status BUT is beginning to turn that around and good for her. Plenty of artists get a second wind in their careers ala Ray of Light Maodonna or Fever Kylie.

Charmander likes this.
  8. Why does this never get old.

Laurence and Tracy Jacks like this.
  9. I want a music video and I want it now.

Leopold and popprincess like this.
  10. Actually, Bon Appetit is playlisted because Katy is playing Radio 1's Big Weekend. But go off, I guess.

11. I actually think she could wait a couple of weeks because the song hasn't peaked anywhere yet.

But this is all under the assumption that she has actually shot one... I don't think she has?

12. I would stop expecting a video by this point, yes. If one does come out it will be a pleasant surprise.

Leopold likes this.
  13. Lana Del Rey is playlisted she's the same age as GaGa? Funny how your saying I'm going off when the entire forum is crying because they can't fathom a single reason a song wouldn't get playlisted other than Sexism.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017
    Deleted member 47 likes this.
  14. Funny how both Katy and Lana have trendy male acts featured on their songs, though.
    Really makes you think.

15. Personally I find this constant victimisation of women to be rather dull. As if they have no control of their own success or careers and are just doomed to be victims of the sexism of the music industry. But that's just me.

Mikey1701, RMK and Deleted member 47 like this.
  16. It is indeed just you.

17. This forum is so toxic.

Mikey1701 likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

19. They're playing Lana for the same reason they're playing Katy, she's playing their Big Weekend.

20. A taste of a flop we don't wanna ride.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.