Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born | Page 937 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Not the one who patented the phrase "A Stan Is Bored" coming with these receipts.

2. Honestly, your new role as forum poltergeist is terrifying.

Paranormal Activity whew.

3. This was actually really sweet.

4. RJF

RJF

GET A JOB.

STAY AWAY FROM US.

5. I can’t believe the girl doing Ikea parking lot concerts ten years ago is now an Academy Award nominated actress. So proud of her.

6. "Dear Lady - I always knew you could do anything at the highest level of artistry."

Me when Born This Way released.

7. I don't know what I'm more shook by... The fact that I saw @IMHO has quoted your post in my notifications, or that you bookmarked these so long ago and still remembered them!

8. Oh, I will gladly be sitting infront of the TV screen, Boo'ing anytime A Star Is Born or it's nominated actors don't win to movies that I have never seen and will probably never get around to.

9. The PBS Cheek To Cheek special and The Super Bowl were both nominated and pretty close contenders I should think. A little bit of award show hustle and schmoozing could have got them over the line.

It will be annoying that when she inevitably doesn’t win the Actress Oscar, the reaction will be “ha ha! She wanted it so much...the intention all along was to get her an Oscar” when that really wasn’t it. A Star Is Born was released way too early in the year to be intentional Oscar-bait and I genuinely think the reaction took them all by surprised.

She’ll come out of this with a (singing) Oscar, a gracious photo op with Glenn or Olivia and it will be an amazing moment for Gaga. But it will be framed as a fail. I hate the internet.

Rem, sesita, Slice of Life and 8 others like this.
  10. It was moved to October to be considered more for awards season, no?

11. Yes, the original release date was back in May

Lately likes this.
  12. Other nominated films came out in February (Black Panther) and August (BlacKKKlansman), so that speaks to either the lack of truly great films this year or that release date truly doesn't matter anymore if the film is good enough to still have people talking months later

13. HOW GREAT.

Mikl C, heavymetalGAGA, Rem and 11 others like this.
  14. October is still early for Oscar bait though isn’t it?

15. Empire Film magazine just released a podcast where half of it is spent interviewing Bradley and then the other half is spent discussing the film. It’s a great listen

SlowBurn and spaceship like this.
  16. Oh and the best thing: We now get a performance at the Oscars!

Haha, sorry i couldn´t resist.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  17. I always love the shift of stan twitter as they go from "Ah, She doesn't need the awards anyways, She's amazing,we know it and awards don't prove it. It's all about the art", to foaming at the mouth as they ramble off every award she has ever won or been nominated for.

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  18. This was about to fall off the first page and I am not letting that happen, not on the day Gaga got her first acting Academy Award nomination (hopefully first of many).

19. Over the moon for Gaga. A single win at the Oscars would be the cherry on top what has been a sensational career renaissance for her.

But I’m gutted Bradley didn’t even get Best Director for ASIB.

Chris Lala and SlowBurn like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.