Lady Gaga - ARTPOP | Page 2506 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TeenIdle, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

What is this campaign you speak of?

2. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Can we please, PLEASE see Gaga together in October? Do you live in the UK?

3. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

I agree with this. It should be personal only. How do they get out anyway? Anyone can see any convo or do the fans screengrab and share?

4. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Pretty much.

Pretty much.

5. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

So clearly the DWUW video is never going to arrive, I do wonder if she'll ever address maybe a little later down the line? Perhaps on a talk show or something?

6. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

She'll probably throw it out there toward the end of the """era""", just like Rihanna did with Pour It Up. It will probably be just as reviled.

7. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

I couldn't imagine anything worse than the 'Pour It Up' video, to be honest. And I say this as a stan of Beyoncé one day shoot Knowles.

8. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Pour It Up was such a let down. 'Here's some slutty films that only look sexy if you're on meth while watching'. I've only seen it once and it's among my most overplayed Rihanna tracks.

Do What U Want is probably amazing and only shelved because of the RKelly drama. Sadness.

9. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Maybe in a Behind The Music/Where Are They Now in 20 years time.

10. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Shade

11. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

It's all so bloody tragic.

Is it seriously gonna carry on like this until April?!

12. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

April? It's going to be like this FOREVER (or until she goes back to New York in shame and becomes Stefani the struggling lounge artiste again).

13. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

There's something highly emotionally unsettling about people with enough time to be bothered with what someone they have never met doing with their fans. Move the fuck on if it bothers you.

14. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

I'm not sure where all this talk of her not enjoying her time at the VMAs is coming from. She was drunk off her ass from the time she got off stage and loving every second.

15. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

I know! It reads like someone who has no connection with the real world anymore.

16. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

And not in the fun way, like Mariah.

17. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Having fun? Never!

18. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

- or it's quite heartwarming that somebody can be that passionate about an artist that they care about?...

19. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

Yep. You've spent the best part of four whole pages of this thread discussing a not-insensible, intimate post to her own fans on her own website about a very very big news story. Perspective.

20. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album + Singles)

But the issue is that this holier-than-thou attitude is off-putting, because people are clearly, well, being put-off! People with a reasonable perspective are going to realise that she can't be everything to everybody, and whilst it's commendable that she tries, it's ultimately a pointless exercise in PR. The people that she's speaking to are already fans, and to anyone else it just looks like a massive mutual wank-fest. She can't sort out all these peoples' problems remotely, from behind her keyboard thousands of miles away. She'd be much better off having an internet page with lots of links to agencies that actually can help rather than having Little Monsters. I'm glad she cares and what she says may be a short-term remedy, but it's never going to really solve anyone's problems.

Having said all this, I must admit I don't really give a tiny rat's ass about GaGa the philanthropist. I love the album, and her previous work, so I understand your point about it being easy to ignore. But clearly it's having an effect on her fanbase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.