Lady Gaga - ARTPOP | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by TeenIdle, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Finally! Bring it on Miss Gaga. It's a shame that's not the album cover a that would be perf.

2. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

I hope she puts out a promo clip soon. I just want to hear some instrumentals at least. Perhaps a new GagVision?

I'm predicting a 12-track "proper" album, and then about double the tracks available through the App.

3. LJB

LJB

Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

What's this? an image of GAGA MINIMALISM?

LewJB approves!

4. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

I see you, Stefani Germanotta. Coming for that Christmas market.

2.5 years between albums - not bad!

5. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

We should have known Gaga would have released this information after seeing the new Britney video, Gaga was clearly intimidated about the potential chart and cultural long term impact 'Oh La La' would be having in the popstrasphere after Britneys epic 'smurfing' and had to do something to desperately claw back some hype.

In all seriousness, ARTPOP!!!! FUCKING ARTPOP IS COMING!!l:!:!"£:L3

Checked my Facebook this morning and saw a friend talking about and posted that picture and I could have dropped to my knees and wept. Pop is saved, Album of the decade coming, Slay-Ga, etc. etc.! FINALLY!

6. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Finally.

7. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

I just realized her doing the app means we may very well get all those extra tracks.

I could see these tracks ending up on the album:
    - ARTPOP
    - Tea
    - Burqa
    - Sex Dreams
    - G.U.Y.

And these at least coming from the app:
    - Ratchet*
    - Red Flame*
    - Partynaseous ft. Kendrick Lamar

* - Realistically without Azealia.

8. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Lady Gaga AND Cher Lloyd releasing at the same time.

Where do I go?
    What do I do?
    What is life?
    Where is oxygen?

9. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

If the App allows you to transfer the songs into your songs sections, I'm fine with it, but if I can't group them with the rest of the Gaga songs on my ipod and they have to remain seperate for all of time, I will be furious. I'm OCD about things like that!

10. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

I hope the app is not just an App Store only release.

11. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Cher Lloyd is releasing this November?! Colour me excited!

12. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album & Singles)

It's Vinoodh. Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin.

(Dutch PRIDE.)

13. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Seriously, I did not anticipate her announcing these dates in such an understated way. I very much doubt that the music will be understated, but this was quite low-key of her. I was expecting a full bells-and-whistles approach!

Can't complain though. Really hope she storms the VMAs with an era-opening performance.

14. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

How did Bjork's app work? The only similarity I think Gaga would use is the concept of a mother app and different apps within that become more and more accessible as you get closer to the release date.

I can only imagine the app will act as a backstage pass to the entire creative process and probably the central hub for many live events she does, like the November 10th launch with all the collaborations with Koons and others. I would love if it had something like The Saturdays' Remixer app, as well, which isn't a stretch for her as she's always been on the ball with having her singles remixed and it would just make sense.

I can also imagine there will still be a physical release, possibly even a deluxe edition, so then you have the standard and possible deluxe editions in physical and digital formats, and then the app, which will also count as a purchased sale. I think she could do some amazing first week numbers depending on how she plays her cards.

15. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Well this was a brilliant way to wake up on a Friday morning! Didn't expect this at all!

So far, so good. I'm not keen on that mask, and I'm glad its not the album cover - but I do like the futuristic look that she may be going for. The album seems so far off, but I guess there will be another single before November. But overall, argh - its HAPPENING!!

16. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

The thread title seems a little inclusive. Surely somebody of GaGa's standing warrants a separate single thread, at least for the lead?

17. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

Perhaps purchase of the app would also download the album automatically? Or the app would generate a code for the user to then enter into iTunes to download the album manually. How much will the app cost. If it includes the album, I'm expecting it to be no less than £10.

The only problem with this whole "app sales being counted by billboard" is that Apple never, ever, ever under any circumstances releases figures about app sales. The only way I can imagine her working that one is negotiating a deal with Apple (which is entirely possible considering her potential iTunes festival appearance).

18. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

It will be hilarious if she makes the app available for ¢99.

19. Re: Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (Album, App & Singles)

I don't doubt that for a second. I honestly don't think it would be unrealistic to say that she could be looking at similar opening figures to 'Born This Way'. I know that sounds like dreadful pressure, and I honestly wouldn't even dare criticise her if she couldn't match those numbers, but with a Christmas release and her extended absence, followed by a potentially amazing promo blitz... let's just say, it wouldn't shock me if she did pass 1 million for her US opening week.

We shall have to wait and see!

20. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

She's possibly worked with some of Apple's people to create the app, so she may be working her way around that.

I only included all of that to let people know information about all three has been released. When we get confirmation on what the exact single is, someone should go ahead and make a thread for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.