Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album)

J

JadeFan

My biggest is Scheisse at 27 and Eh, Eh at 26 and then Poker Face at 24.

jackiscool, how could you say Britney is not an icon? People are being incredibly idealistic about Gaga's position in music history at the moment; it's not a good thing. One must realise that there are other cultural icons who have done much better things than Gaga, but end up being shadowed by her. Having said that, I think it depends on how secluded you are. If you are on a Gaga appreciation forum, for example, you are less likely to consider any other possibilities.

Hah thanks Duffy, read that wrongly oops!

My 10 most played Gaga tracks:
Born This Way (195)
Judas (96)
Telephone (71)
Bad Kids (64)
Marry The Night (62)
Speechless (51)
Government Hooker (49)
I Like It Rough (48)
Hair (47)
Paparazzi (46)

1. Bad Romance
2. The Edge Of Glory/Dance In The Dark
3. So Happy I Could Die
4. Marry The Night
5. Heavy Metal Lover/Scheiße/Alejandro

...Not really a Top 5, is it? Oh well. Also, a sickening lack of "Bad Romance" in some of these charts. Awful.

JadeFan said:
My biggest is Scheisse at 27 and Eh, Eh at 26 and then Poker Face at 24.

jackiscool, how could you say Britney is not an icon? People are being incredibly idealistic about Gaga's position in music history at the moment; it's not a good thing. One must realise that there are other cultural icons who have done much better things than Gaga, but end up being shadowed by her. Having said that, I think it depends on how secluded you are. If you are on a Gaga appreciation forum, for example, you are less likely to consider any other possibilities.

Lets not discuss this again, it's a horrible horrible conversation/discussion

J

JadeFan

J_c said:

I'm not saying Gaga isn't an 'icon', but things like this need to be discussed. It's not a Gaga appreciation thread, after all.

Rhombus said:
I don't actually rate Bad Romance that much, I've played Starstruck the same amount of times.

*Leaves thread*

I prefer the Bimbo Jones mix at the moment!

JadeFan said:
J_c said:

I'm not saying Gaga isn't an 'icon', but things like this need to be discussed. It's not a Gaga appreciation thread, after all.

Rhombus said:
I don't actually rate Bad Romance that much, I've played Starstruck the same amount of times.

*Leaves thread*

I prefer the Bimbo Jones mix at the moment!

Thats true, but this Thread is about her album Born This Way.

M

Merzbeef

My top 5 after my Gaga taste got decent:

1. Dance In The Dark (50)
2. Poker Face (Piano & Voice Version) (43)
3. Bad Romance (40)
4. Heavy Metal Lover (38)
5. Summerboy (37) Scheisse (37)

I don't listen to any of The Fame Monster or Fame anymore though, except So Happy I Could Die. Dance In The Dark used to be my favourite but now it's less powerful.

My Most Played Gaga songs:

1. Born This Way 85
2. Judas 74
3. The Edge of Glory 67
4. Hair 53
5. Dance in the Dark 43

It's funny I said these were my top 5 all-time Gaga tracks before I knew they were my top 5 most played songs (most played ever on my iPod too).

Then Marry The Night & Highway Unicorn both have 35.
Shocked to see Bad Kids is my 19th most played track of all time!?!? I've had this iPod more than 3 years! It's even above Telephone, Poker Face & Paparazzi! I'm ashamed of myself.

Merzbeef said:
My top 5 after my Gaga taste got decent:

1. Dance In The Dark (50)
2. Poker Face (Piano & Voice Version) (43)
3. Bad Romance (40)
4. Heavy Metal Lover (38)
5. Summerboy (37) Scheisse (37)

I don't listen to any of The Fame Monster or Fame anymore though, except So Happy I Could Die. Dance In The Dark used to be my favourite but now it's less powerful.

Same. What I like about the Born this Way album is the simplicity of some of the lyrics, yet how powerful they come across.

For example - "I could be your girl, but would you love me if I ruled the world" I wish we got more of that line in the song!

Born This Way:
Born This Way 119
Americano 41
Judas 40
Scheisse 31
Heavy Metal Lover 24

All-time:
Telephone 224
Bad Romance 216
Dance in the Dark 162
Alejandro 134
Born This Way 119

J_c said:
What I like about the Born the Way album is the simplicity of some of the lyrics, yet how powerful they come across.

For example - "I could be your girl, but would you love me if I ruled the world" I wish we got more of that line in the song!

I love that aspect of Born this Way too. Ironically, "she don't care if your papers or your love is the law" hits me harder than "no matter gay straight or bi" does...yet they're basically both saying the same thing, just one is much more explicit.

Rmx

He/Him/His
Wow, I had expected some of you guys to have Gaga play counts of like 1000 per song, considering how hard you stan for her. Not that it's an indicator of how much you love her, let's not start a fight. I'm just genuinely surprised. I thought my Gaga top 5 was quite moderate:

Bad Romance 423
Judas 272
Telephone 193
Alejandro 152
Scheiße Mugler Remix 117

My Top 11

Bad Romance
Born This Way
Dance In The Dark
Bloody Mary
Heavy Metal Lover
Edge Of Glory
Marry The Night
Alejandro
So Happy I Could Die
Paparazzi
Government Hooker

J_c said:
ihateyourmother said:
Now my top 5 Gaga songs of all time are:
Judas
Edge Of Glory
Scheiße
So Happy I Could Die
Dance In The Dark

Honorable Mentions:
Speechless
Paparazzi
Hair
Heavy Metal Lover

So would you say then that you prefer the Born this Way album to The Fame Monster?

I would say that I love Born this way just a bit more, but only because there are more songs.

Rmx said:
Wow, I had expected some of you guys to have Gaga play counts of like 1000 per song, considering how hard you stan for her. Not that it's an indicator of how much you love her, let's not start a fight. I'm just genuinely surprised.

I don't listen to music if I'm doing something else, it has to have my full attention. Unless I'm listening to Chart music like LMFA0 that's not meant to be listened to properly..
That and I don't like to overplay music, I'll listen to something once then give it a break usually, I have never "overplayed" a song in my life. It's stupid.