Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album)

J_c said:
It holds it's ground against Bad Romance, it might never beat it down, but for me it holds it's spot.
For me, it's better than Bad Romance. Probably her best song ever; maybe even one of my most favourite songs of all time. #hysterics

M

Merzbeef

For her next album/world domination campaign she should try a bit of Urban. I'm not even kidding. Paper Gangsta and the sub-Keri Hilson electro-R&B unreleased tracks are rather decent, not to mention many thought she was black when listening to Just Dance for the first time. Also, she collaborated with Trina - 'could your faves' etc. I don't mean "Bedtime Stories"-level bandwagon jumping, but a proper "grimy" single could really shake people's perception of the Lady Gaga character up and maybe even propel a return to a slick, """credible""" image (think the first two months of The Fame Monster campaign) -- after that she could return to her usual ""The Gays"/turquoise wig/lOvE uRsElF LiL MoNsTeR" self, of course.

I know APC is reading this post and cringing with rage and I love it.

DanielS94 said:
Hence the "I think" in there.

Is her last tweet hinting at a video for Scheiße or am I just grasping?

What did her tweet say?

jinzo said:
For me, it's better than Bad Romance. Probably her best song ever; maybe even one of my most favourite songs of all time. #hysterics

I cant tell if your being serious or not! Haha. Or laughing at me! *inserts smiley*

Mvnl

Staff member
DanielS94 said:
Hence the "I think" in there.

Is her last tweet hinting at a video for Scheiße or am I just grasping?

Okay. I guess the 'he's right' part annoyed me a bit.
Don't want to be obnoxious, but whenever people have the attitude their opinion's more right than that of others it tends to bug me a lot.
Which also happened when I read a post pretty much saying 'if people don't like this album I wonder which lame albums they do like', implying that if you don't adore Born This Way you must have terrible taste.

It's nothing to do with 'credibility,' or the 'gay / love yourself' thing, that's bothering me about this era, it's actually the trashiness and schizophrenia of the way she's been dressing herself lately. Half the time it looks like she's receiving style tips from Courtney Love. Not to say I've hated all the outfits, I did like the one where she kind of looked like a gigantic bat.

Although, I will admit, I'm not a fan of the 'love yourself' schtick either, it's way too much of a message from a Hallmark card that wouldn't exactly gel with me, but I do understand it's mostly for the 'younger fanbase.'

he/him
J_c: "Off to rehearsal for a surprise performance and video. :) love you monsters. Fight for your life."

From this I am taking "surprise video" and "fight for your life" (fight for your right?) to mean Scheiße video, so yes I am grasping.

Mvnl

Staff member
DanielS94 said:
J_c: "Off to rehearsal for a surprise performance and video. love you monsters. Fight for your life."

From this I am taking "surprise video" and "fight for your life" (fight for your right?) to mean Scheiße video, so yes I am grasping.

I fear she just meant 'regular video' and the surprise part applies to the performance.

Actually...now that I think of it, "Schibe" makes so much sense as the next single. It's the only song I haven't tired of yet. I really hope this is it.

Mvnl

Staff member
If she decides to put out Scheiße that will pretty much be the most sensible thing she did since the Telephone video.

Scheisse could be so dodgy as a single though. I love the song but a lot of the general public are tiring of her I think. Edge of Glory was an excellent move in the right direction and I think You & I would get her back in the good books then release something more experimental later. Yes I know Born This Way is doing excellent but I thought the singles would do better. For me she still hasn't had a worldwide smash like Poker Face/Bad Romance. Born this Way (single) did excellent in the USA but not didn't become the smash I thought the first single would everywhere else.

She did say the next single was most representative of her living between fantasy and reality. Bloody Mary and Highway Unicorn are the strongest candidates for that. But then again she might just mean the video. You & I's lyrics have bugger all to do with that concept...

Off-topic, she seems to be making a lot of high-profile enemies during this campaign. Joseph Kahn, Bette Midler, Dr Luke for starters...

While I've always enjoyed the album I have known how dated its sounded. The album overall just does not stand up. In general, better pop albums have been made the past year that I am still listening to over and over again. It will be interesting to see how the next year plays out for GaGa. I think her hype will never be as it once was. I just hope she begins to focus more on the music instead of her personality.

Mvnl

Staff member
Itty Bitty Piggy said:
She did say the next single was most representative of her living between fantasy and reality.

Unless it's some weird video for You & I where Gaga sings to Stefani.

By the way I was going through Tumblr and her performance of the Edge of Glory from the concert in Sydney has been released. I don't know if anymore have been released however.

Just to let y'all know!