Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album) | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Unclesox, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Well by the amount she said she has been writing, I would think not.

2. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I highly doubt it. The Fame Monster was an extension, rather than a full album. The only reason it was released separately at all was that Gaga thought it wasn't fair on her fans to have to buy the full thing again.

3. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Wasn't it label pressure saying they wouldn't spend such a big amount on a re-release?

4. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I figured that too. Wasn't it only a standalone release in America and a couple of other places? But the "official reason" given was that Gaga loves her fans..

Either way, it was never meant to be considered a full album, so I really would doubt the next full release will have only eight tracks.

5. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Well I know in Australia we got 4 versions.

White hair Monster CD, Black hair Monster CD - $15
    White hair The Fame Monster - $20
    Black hair The Fame Monster digipack - $25

The standalone was extremely pointless, obviously.

6. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I haven't seen the standalone version in the UK, i bought the digipack though.

7. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

There wasn't a standalone in the UK.

8. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Universal Music Australia released the standalone editions later; they are explicit and uncensored (so she says fucked and bitch in the songs that use those words).

Gaga said that it was too much to expect fans to pay for a full-priced re-release, based on the US pricing structure, where it would have been $15 because it was a double-disc affair and therefore retailed as 'deluxe'. This is different to everywhere else, where the 2disc can retail for the same price as a standard album. Therefore, the one-disc was only initially released in the USA and Canada, where this was an issue, then in China to stop bootlegs of the new songs from infiltrating the market on a mass scale, then explicit in Australia and explicit in Japan, with a DVD (to coincide with the tour), then the USB key worldwide.

9. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I have the digipack with the gold lettering. Is that what you have, EverybodysDancin?

10. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Yep

11. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

to this day, I am still hunting for an Australian digipak with the silver letters. I already got the US and EU digipaks

12. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I had the Silver letter digipak, but I gave it to my friend when I got the Super Deluxe edition. It's not that hard to find here in Australia.

13. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Not much new information but more hype...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1648587/20100923/lady_gaga.jhtml

14. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I'm so scared for this. I've been thinking today how she can possibly manage to top Bad Romance and Poker Face? I just cannot imagine hearing something that could beat those, yet she says this is her best work yet.

This album is either going to make her into a true legend, or one of the most disappointing albums of all-time. I'm nervous.

15. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I feel the same! Though remember, we could have said before TFM..how can she possibly top Poker Face? And then, (in my opinion), she did top it with Bad Romance.
    I have faith in her and I know she can do it, so here's hoping!

16. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

Exactly. I hope this is her Thriller/Like A Prayer (I understand these albums came at different times in these artists' carreers, but still). I really hope this isn't her Bionic... Another 'extremely personal' album.

17. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I'm hoping its her Thriller also. I really hope and believe that this album will be the big "iconic" one. Even though she's iconic now, I hope she doesn't turn out be a Spice Girls type of iconic, were she's talked about in the future as a passing phase. She still needs that big break, which hopefully Born This Way will bring,

18. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I agree. I'm a little bit worried. I almost miss trashy and slutty Gaga ... that Gaga didn't make me this nervous. Political Gaga can be kind of annoying and pretentious, and therefore not quite as marketable to the mainstream.

19. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

I'm really really worried. I am almost certain, no matter how much I love GaGa that there is no topping a song like Bad Romance.... although I'd hate for her to reach her career peak on Album 1+1/2. I agree that now GaGa is appearing more political the more dubious I am as I hope she doesn't let her artisic vision get in the way of HITS!

20. slimane

slimane Guest

Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 2011)

She has such a commercial ear. Y'all need to chill out...and Fernando and Redone are pop producers of the highest order. Every interview she talks about how she "wants to be iconic" and "rule the world"...she gets that commercial hits give her that power and she enjoys pop music done the right way. There will be piano ballads...but i'm expecting dramatic pop - lots of strings and drums and spoken word bits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.