Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album) | Page 878 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Unclesox, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

She's doing a Q&A session right now on Twitter. She said she wrote Sceiße after a night of dirty partying in Berlin - amazing!

A 'special' Gagavision is coming tomorrow.

She wrote You and I in 10 minutes after a guy in a bar dared her to write a hit!

She can't decide on her favourite track but it's between Marry The Night, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover and Scheiße (which she spelt Scheibe!).

"Government Hooker was inspired by Marilyn Monroe + political mistresses. I wonder what they were privy to + what they affected."

2. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

My god I'm so excited for this album. Easily the first album by an American artist I've been this excited for in a while (I'm American). For once I can celebrate its release, in real-time, with real people! Amazing.

3. RJF

RJF

Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

This is honestly why I end up going to 99% of gigs by myself. I've given up on trying to properly talk to a lot of my friends about albums I enjoy because at the end of day, I'm not going to have a sprawling conversation on the merits of one song in the same way I do here. I think people just digest music differently. Will that stop me from going to see The National or Lykke Li or Jamie Woon? No. No, it will not.

I'm actually going to see Jamie Woon with a friend, but that is extremely rare.

Also:

Brilliant.

4. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

God, I love her.

5. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

I love all of her whimsical explanations for everything. Like how she flies off her clothes to another planet or how she won't sleep with men because all of her creativity is in her vagina (or something like that).

6. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

I know, it's almost like she has a sense of humour about her self or something!

7. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

Wait a minute, are you implying she was joking about her creativity coming from her vagina?

8. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

Her Google Chrome advert is cute.

9. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

It's just aired during the Billboard Awards, the rumoured scenes from The Edge of Glory aren't real. She's shooting the video next week.

10. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

Embarrassing, you mean.

11. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

She looked normal for once. In a pair of trainers!

I liked it.

12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Me too, it was nice.

13. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

Good: Government Hooker: Heavy Metal Lover; Americano; Fashion Of His Love. I'm coming round to Judas, very slowly.

It's a much better album than I expected it to be but have hated all the pre-released tracks. Its much more disposable than Fame Monster and I can't see me still playing it in a year. There's also so MUCH production that it gets to bea headache, and the lazy throwaway religious references? Oh do BORE OFF.

The tracks I like, I really like. If I were a teacher, I'd be scrawling 'See me' in red pen on this album and preparing a worksheet on 'less is more' for Gaga to study in detention.

14. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

So, again, I ask: Is this album on shelves at midnight? Was it for you UKers?

15. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

I'm going to guess at yes. Most decently-sized releases will be put out in 24-hour supermarkets at 12, maybe even a little earlier.

16. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Is 'Fashion of His Love' on YouTube?

17. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

Grr album's on US iTunes now but no "complete my album" option yet, and it's seriously expensive!

18. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

You could always buy it from Amazon for $0.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051QIGP4/?tag=popjustice-21

send photo and Mr.Arroz like this.
  19. Re: Lady Gaga - Born This Way (3rd Studio Album, 23rd May 2011)

NINETY-NINE CENTS?! What the actual fuck?!

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.