Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1155 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Hmmm, taste.

Also I’m obsessed. It is very 2001-2004 CGI, which probably wasn’t intentional, but I’m going to stan and pretend it was anyway.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    evilsin, nbtsa, Mr.Arroz and 41 others like this.
  2. Island

Island Staff Member

Gaga saw the Loonaverse and gave up!

3. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

That gag being that was 20 years ago and looks more realistic just by putting some real objects (literally plant pots in Kylie's case!) in the foreground to give depth and structure and throw shadows on it.

I'm always flabbergasted modern videos don't do mixed reality/CGI sets and just chuck people on entire green screen sound stages.

4. rdp

rdp

Stupid-hydroxychloroquine, soon to be available on Haus Labs

nbtsa and NotAPassenger like this.
  5. WHAT YOU MEAN

[​IMG]

The long hair moment? Olya Polyakova be suing!

[​IMG]

6. Skywalker rose so Gaga could rule Chromatica with her iphone.

inevitable and dontkillmyvibe like this.
  7. I love that this is giving me teas of early 2000's music videos, it's such a classic Pop visual.

8. I like it, but probably won't be listening to this in 2 weeks time.

9. Gaga dancing in the studio for Ari while she's recording vocals

10. After that stupid love video, this will do

11. Imagine.mp3 if instead of awkward choreography we got a cute little story about Gaga and her tribe trying to find "portals" (there's your torn cheerio) to get to Ariana's better world.

12. I love the song/video.

But I'm laughing that someone like Gaga who has access to the biggest budget in the music industry has somehow made Chromatica look like an even cheaper attempt at world building than Olly's Palo Santo......like I have serious questions.

13. Teas of the gif of her doing that messy choreo for (I think Poker Face) on the BTWB tour, similar outfit eve ndd

14. [​IMG]

The way she looks up at the end cracks me up, like she got so caught up in that squat she forgot herself for a second (which I'm sure is also exactly what happened)

myblood, nikkysan, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  15. Glad to see Gaga's kept up the Zumba choreography!

Mikal and mcuk like this.
  16. RJF

RJF

sksksk the way "Stupid Love" has basically been used as a reference to absolute rock bottom all day and people are just glad everything we've had today is better. Maybe it was supposed to be an expectations reset this entire time.

17. Is that not one of Kate McKinnon's characters on SNL?

Andy French likes this.
  18. I’m sorry but I can’t at y’all going “why is the dagger in her leg??? I need explanations!!”. GIRLS.
    It’s just a dramatic moment to draw attention to the whole “pain raining over me” metaphor, it’s literally raining daggers. It doesn’t have to be any deeper than that. Same goes for “why does the big eye on the screen crying flood everything”. Because... it looks cool. Narrative is definitely not something that this video needed.

Also, I love the bit with Gaga inside some sort of red tank. I love the parts with a close-up of her face on some sort of mirror (if only because it’s the only part that looks legitimately wet nn)

Saetana, myblood, dewzero and 11 others like this.
  19. It's camp, it's gay, it's tacky, it's perfect.

I would have loved to see a long video since they had Robert Rodriguez (which has no hand in this whatsoever; his style is buried on top of all the CGI shit) who can pull high-camp like no other, but this is a much better outing than Stupid Love already.

And I think that the CGI looks garish in purpose; they really took care of the details (see the dagger becoming water as she removes it from her leg) so the whole 50$-budget-Matrix imagery feels very intentional.

LPT and BricksAndStrings like this.
  20. Sis's knees ain't like they used to be!

nbtsa likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.