Lady Gaga - Chromatica

he/him
It's a negative for an artist of Gaga's caliber. Putting out something that sounds like your old shit is pretty reductive. And it doesn't really give me hope for an interesting album.

That being said, this may not even be the lead single, so I won't doommonger over this.
We also currently have the song in literal Frankensteined™ clips that are the quality of a Vocaroo rip so like...can we all maybe take a step back or twelve

We also currently have the song in literal Frankensteined™ clips that are the quality of a Vocaroo rip so like...can we all maybe take a step back or twelve

I don't disagree that everybody can stand to withhold judgment. I'm just challenging the logic that a song that sounds like Born This Way is automatically a great thing because said album is a classic. If it really does sound like Born This Way redux, I don't think it's weird to consider that an artistic failure even if it bops.

he/him
I don't disagree that everybody can stand to withhold judgment. I'm just challenging the logic that a song that sounds like Born This Way is automatically a great thing because said album is a classic. If it really does sound like Born This Way redux, I don't think it's weird to consider that an artistic failure even if it bops.
Based on what I've heard, the only thing "Born This Way" about it is the very 90's melody

I feel like everyone who is a reasonable, logical thinker has known for a year and a half that she was not gonna set fire to the good will with the general public she's acquired over the last few years, particularly with A Star Is Born. I assumed this new album would be her most accessible since The Fame. If it is I'm not looking forward to weeks of "what happened to my innovative mommmmyyy".

I feel like everyone who is a reasonable, logical thinker has known for a year and a half that she was not gonna set fire to the good will with the general public she's acquired over the last few years, particularly with A Star Is Born. I assumed this new album would be her most accessible since The Fame. If it is I'm not looking forward to weeks of "what happened to my innovative mommmmyyy".

The idea that one of her main motivations is GP-pleasing is pretty bleak though. I would hope that her recent successes would give her the security to do something a bit more daring.

The idea that one of her main motivations is GP-pleasing is pretty bleak though. I would hope that her recent successes would give her the security to do something a bit more daring.

Part of being a pop star is being a business. She's 33. She's got a few years left to score some more hits, it'd be wise to take it. Also just because something is radio friendly doesn't mean its going to be bad or lack imagination. She can - and has - done both.

Of course anything more dance pop could be labeled ‘GP-pleasing’, but Stupid Love doesn’t sound like anything else being pushed on radio, either? It’s still her own lane.

Also, just a reminder, this is a portion of one song. It doesn’t dictate an entire era.