Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1334 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Right? I didn't expect to find a song I like even less than Stupid Love, yet here we are.gif

sesita, BEST FICTION and BTG like this.
  2. I swear none of you have ever actually listened to a cheaply/badly produced album. I'll give you generic, but this is polished almost to a fault.

3. Lyrically, Fun Tonight is pretty nice. But that production...it sounds very 2016.

4. I think it helps to just look at this as a dance record in general instead of a specific time period of dance music.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Kids Bop production is exceptional though.

6. ajsdvakshsdabwjef not the Vox Lux reference making sense.

Celeste must be fuming Plastic Doll is not her comeback single.

7. Quality aside, I think Stupid Love is placed really weirdly in the tracklist, specially considering how well Alice flows into Rain On Me.

myblood, MilesAngel, V3RYP05H and 2 others like this.
  8. I can totally hear ChaseIcon singing Babylon and I’m here for it!

9. This would be the perfect album for her to put out all the stems to and ask the fans to play with.

Fun Tonight sounds like some of her TFM or Born This Way demos. Which isn't a bad thing cause I love those demos, but it just needs something a bit more special going on in the production. I think hearing her sing it live would amp it up a bit as she'd add some flare to it.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  10. Upon my first listen, it’s not bad but it’s very generic and a lot of the songs sound the same.

Stupid Love and Rain On Me are still the best things on here in my opinion, but I appreciate with more time that may change.

It does provide bops aplenty, though. It’s no masterpiece but if you like casual throwaway bops, you’ll like the album.

11. I really don’t think this sounds cheap at all either. I get that y’all hate Bloodpop but the production on Chromatica is good.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I've just realised where I've heard that sample at the start of Babylon before.

Has anyone got a quid for the dance machine? I'll pay you back.

Crisp X and Andy French like this.

13. These shots are gorgeous. That last yellow one is giving me artRAVE Tour Booklet revisited and I am living.

14. Maybe because I don't like it, but I agree -- it's a weird interruption to the Alice/Rain On Me/Free Woman run. I wonder if I could slot it somewhere else where it's less offensive.

15. Does this album have some of her best lyrics?
    [​IMG]

Does this album have some of her best vocal performances to date?
    [​IMG]

Are both let down by (at times) somewhat basic production?
    [​IMG]

Will this tear us apart into two factions? Perhaps ha Love + Fear is here

16. I want to see whatever Gaga did with Nick Knight.

SyPOPhantic likes this.
  17. There are people that like Love + Fear?

18. W H E W

[​IMG]

evilsin, 4Roses, LPT and 55 others like this.
  19. I just caved and listened to it. I’ve changed my mind...shoot Bloodpop!

20. OK, haven't listened to the full album yet, so only going off of the singles, but the cynic in me says the songs are so short just to boost streaming numbers. I would have appreciated a "dance" record that had full 5-6 minute mixes, even if it were ten tracks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.