Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1345 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Chromatica is her Hear My Cry

Island likes this.
  2. Fun Tonight worst song I hope we can all politely agree

sesita and tnargtnarud like this.
  3. This albums sounds like it’s exactly what I was fearing when we heard BloodPop is executive producing it nn.

4. I was listening to Sour Candy and couldn't figure out what exactly this song reminds me of.
    And then it hit me... Is it just me or starting at
    I'm hard on the outside
    But if you give me time
    Then I could make time for your love
    I'm hard on the outside
    But if you see inside, inside, inside

it sound quite similar to this song below at 0:46 mark?

Maki likes this.
  5. How the hell does Sour Candy manage to feel both too short and like it does everything it needed to do in terms of vocal distribution in just over two and a half minutes? It perplexes me.

6. Sour Candy is the worst song on the album but I understand why it exists. It would have been better as a solo Blackpink song.

7. Enigma.

[​IMG]

Diet Pop! likes this.
  8. RJF

RJF

The one thing I will cop to is that "Babylon" is actually really good. It manages to balance all the idiosyncratic elements in a way that makes them fun and propulsive instead of pandering, and after a full album of her howling over EDM beats in an attempt to inject any kind of life into them, the way it rather sedately grooves and fades out is a welcome change.
    Because... we're twelve years out from The Fame and the expectations I put on some grubby upstart with rhinestones hot glued to her sunglasses are different to the ones I put on one of the biggest popstars of the 21st Century on her sixth album. Y'all like to play this game of mix and match sometimes as if it proves a point, but context is important. You'd also never hear a Lady Gaga song talking about how much she wants to be famous in 2020 because she's determined to wipe that entire era from her history like it never happened. She was always just a suffering artisté who never even wanted the lifestyles of the rich and famous! Doing it for the fame? What a degrading concept!

evilsin, myblood, RainOnFire and 43 others like this.
  9. Ask me to be nice and then I’ll do it extra mean
    tteutbakke pyojeong hanae neon danghwanghagetji
    wiseonjeogiran maldeullo nal pojanghan geon neoya, neoya
    If you wanna fix me, then let’s break up here and now
    georikkim eomneun nunppiche neon georil dunikka
    deuttabomyeon eogimeopshi sorijilleowa
    Uh-huh, uh-huh

[​IMG]

10. Finally, something we can agree on <3

11. Sam

Sam

Sour Candy is giving me MNEK - Tongue in the best way

12. I just got to Elton's vocals on Sine From Above

[​IMG]

Still, bop though.

13. I think it would be much better if it did not use that sample. And Gaga's vocals are much better. She really brings something to the table.

14. It's the most on-key and non-constipated he's sounded in like 25 years, so that's something!

myblood, Luc, stuaw and 6 others like this.
  15. So second listen is much better.

The most striking thing for me is actually how sad this album is, regardless of what she’s said about finding joy in the music. It absolutely sounds like someone who’s utterly depressed and self-medicating at the disco.

16. “Sour Candy” is far too sedate for a K-pop collaboration. Everything they could have done, and we get a Katy Perry-level house beat.

speedyboi, nikkysan, sesita and 5 others like this.
  17. Sour Candy conceptually and in all its vogueness is giving me Little Mix - Wasabi

Blayke and LilioDiLalo like this.
  18. I dont think I care for it

19. Again, I see you’ve already made up your mind about what she means with all this considering your comments about the Zane Lowe interview, but again, I don’t agree. I guess you could say I’ve made up mine. I don’t think she’s trying to pretend she never had a hunger for fame and I don’t think she would stutter if pressed more directly on the subject. Unless I’m misremembering things she said I don’t fucking know. This is coming off a bit “why are you complaining now, you asked for it” in regards to songs like Plastic Doll or anything negative about her experience as a celebrity. Which is funny considering you just highlighted the difference between an upstart and someone who has gone through years in the public eye.

But yes let’s bop to Babylon! It’s the best thing here easily.

Really Cool and HEARTCORE like this.
  20. Then the last quarter of a century must have been damn rough for the Little Johnsters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.