Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1411 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. aux

aux

I'm honestly salivating at the thought of the Born This Way photoshoot in this format... Whew.

[​IMG]

stuaw, Chris Lala and R92 like this.
  2. I'm terrified. I hate that this will be a narrative.. I can only hope it won't be prevailing.

RainOnFire, stuaw and spaceship like this.
  3. This isn’t a pop album

4. SDFGHJREDFSGNHGMVCFXDZS

5. I am screaming about how much she is dragging the Little Cigarettes on this album.

6. Alice is absolutely the one for me. It does the 90's sound to perfection. Overall I'm just a casual Gaga fan but I find this a solid body of work.

Sour Candy is so basic and I love it.

myblood, sfmartin, mcuk and 4 others like this.
  7. A-Yo came on auto play after my first Chromatica run-through and ooh! The richness, the colour, the skittish energy. I could taste the sawdust.

This album feels like giving up and giving in after she appeared to break new ground and enter into a new phase of her career with Joanne, the dusky lil cowgirl who could. I’ve decided to remain bitter about this for the rest of my life, in spite of how I may be currently bopping to the bleep bloop cigarettory of trash like 911.

evilsin, myblood, Verandi and 32 others like this.
  8. Dddd this is going to be a critical and commercial success, isn’t it.

Euphoria likes this.
  9. R92

R92

The fact that this album happens to be the Gaga album that manages to catch the wave of poptimism... trash.

4Roses, myblood, Mr.Arroz and 20 others like this.
  10. I can’t wait to bop to Sour Candy in all its basic glory in the clubs in 2021

Sam and stuaw like this.
  11. This is entirely how I feel. I am bopping increasingly, but I can bop to trash and still know it's trash, y'know? I don't think this is a bad album, just a bit disappointing - and her worst.

12. What I like about this album is how cohesive it is. I think she nailed with it creating an universe, and the light dance disco house production is really good for most of the time. The lyrics are so good here, very deep and personal while the sound is fun and nostalgic at the same time. It's a record that unfolds with every listen, there is a lot of details that you lose at first. The sound reminds me of a lot of things: Aqua, Eiffel 65, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Cher, Kylie, Moloko, Daft Punk, Justice, etc etc. And I can't love it enough because of my particular love of the 00's.

I will rank her albums like this

01. Born this way
    02. Chromatica
    03. Joanne
    04. The Fame Monster
    05. The Fame
    06. Artpop

Tigerlily, OlliMaus, Skyline and 3 others like this.
  13. The Chromatica II interlude straight into 911 is gorgeous.

14. It’s way too early for rankings but this is at the bottom.

RainOnFire, jtm, Lander and 4 others like this.
  15. So much 90s goodness!!!

16. Me at Chromatica:
    [​IMG]

4Roses, Verandi, Mr.Arroz and 19 others like this.
  17. Come, come Death Star me

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  18. Taste found burning. The Fame Monster should never be that low down. Ever.

Jackarywoo and Verandi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.