Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1412 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Taste found burning. The Fame Monster should never be that low down. Ever.

Jackarywoo and Verandi like this.
  2. Imagine when clubs reopen in 2035 and...

THIS

IS

THE DANCEFLOOR

I FOUGHT FOR

4Roses, myblood, Bobbyrae and 18 others like this.
  3. I’m sure this was posted earlier but it seems they got the #1. A certain someone couldn’t help themselves, before deleting his tweet and rewording it.

[​IMG]

4. I really love it anyways. Her only album I don't like is Artpop.

Mikey1701 and Sleepycat like this.
  5. Babylon is so ridiculous and over the top. I fucking LOVE it.

I'd say this is one of her best albums for me personally but I get why some of you might not have taken to it. Its certainly not want we were expecting.

Jordtayylor and BrokenHearts like this.
  6. Joanne over The Fame Monster is homophobic.

Chromatica has some fun moments but I think the tracklist is all wrong. After first listen Alice, Free Woman, and Sine From Above were the standouts. My bestie thinks Plastic Doll sounds like a Britney demo so I like it too.

I agree a few of the songs don’t feel like fully fleshed out ideas because they are so short. Looking forward to remixes.

7. Not history, SISTORY

4Roses, myblood, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  8. I think I need poppers to fully experience Alice.

myblood, Sam, PfefferSalz and 6 others like this.
  9. The production on Free Woman reminds me of the duty-free dance music they use on Love Island ddd.

4Roses, myblood, Euphoria and 14 others like this.
  10. Joanne is cohesive too. I like albums most when they build an universe. The Fame Monster is more like a compilation of good songs and they are attached to the first album.

11. The interludes are very "Star Trek Movie Theme".

12. RJF

RJF

"Alice" has... that one good hook that it repeats to death. I don't remember a single thing about it outside of the opening line. We won't even get into the tired ass metaphor of Wonderland either.

Mr.Arroz, dirtypony, Euphoria and 9 others like this.
  13. So...what are the tribes? What does each emblem represent?

Where is the tacked-on concept explored? I want to see looks for each colour. I want camp writing for each a la her ridiculous Manifesto on Spotify.

EDIT: Alice is crap, I dont know what everyone is hearing. Stupid Love sounds like a revelation coming after it. Which... it shouldn't.

14. She... should have hijacked Late Night Feelings. Which is, you know, an album that infuses an energetic nu-disco soundscape with honesty and emotional depth. Bloodpop's 2011 EDM dance breaks provide no space for that. She sometimes comes close: Rain on Me and Replay are decent and I think Enigma and Babylon are fun. But generally I have the impression she is not a space to challenge and refresh herself musically.

Ashling92, Euphoria, Someboy and 5 others like this.
  15. Right... this is such a scream but why does 911 remind me of something Florrie (!) has done? Or at least the first verse?

EDIT: It’s not Florrie, I’m getting Don’t Stop by Annie vibes.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Leis likes this.
  16. RJF

RJF

I still can't believe they sat on this album for a fucking year and thought, "Done!" while make up, Vegas, and another stab at Grammys for A Star Is Born took precedence.

17. Sans the abrupt ending turn, Sine From Above sounds like a Nordic country Eurovision entry.

Crisp X, Chris_P and AGiantSheep like this.
  18. Chromatica III could literally be the music used in those Eurovision postcard videos

Ashling92, Crisp X, OlliMaus and 4 others like this.
  19. Plastic Doll giving me Vox Lux is a scream. I want Natalie Portmanbot singing this.

Someboy and Suburbia like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.