Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1413 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I've only listened once so far but it was such a joy. I echo the praise for Babylon and am one of those who ended up getting to the end of the album and playing it on a repeat a few times. Despite the criticism it received, I really liked ARTPOP and this in many ways feels like the follow-up to it I always wanted.

sfmartin likes this.
  2. I didn't say it was.

3. Do we know what the other music video is that she had filmed?

4. Just went on a two hour walk with my family and I literally could not get Alice out of my head. All I wanted to do was listen to it.

sfmartin likes this.
  5. Yaas sis. Its such a moment on an album filled with moments (for me at least).

6. Alice, followed up by Alice.

[​IMG]

7. 100%

8. I like the album, probably don't love it yet but I'm willing to allow it to snatch me unexpectedly in a couple of weeks.

However I just can't with 'Sour Candy'. It sounds like when Cascada during her Gaga tribute act era.

9. Free Woman / Sour Candy
    Babylon

10. My Deluxe CD just arrived. Life is good.

[​IMG]

myblood, Eskapism, Jwentz and 6 others like this.
  11. Definitely her worst album. Definitely happy for her getting commercial and critical success for it though. Definitely craving #LG7. Definitely excited to drink to this in my friends garden tomorrow. Definitely wish it was pushed further sonically. Definitely still have Replay on replay.

So all in all... I think I’m enjoying it?

12. The album has me bopping but I keep expecting a white Scandinavian or German man to pop up with a rap verse.

13. Babylon is the one for me. What a song. It’s literally the definition of a gay anthem.

Chris Lala and spaceship like this.
  14. Sine From Above <3

15. Chromatica II into 911

[​IMG]

myblood, sfmartin, Crisp X and 10 others like this.
  16. Take me home
    Take me to Wonderland, Wonderland
    Take me home
    Take me to Wonderland, Wonderland

[​IMG]

stuaw, Maki and Chris Lala like this.
  17. Spinning it again and that transition from Chromatica II into 911 is the high moment.

I'm all for Eurovision-length bops, but the songs have a tendency to end just as they get going.

18. Sour Candy already broke another record after snatching most iTunes #1s for a Girl Group.

19. I actually feel Confessions is a reasonable point of comparison. I think both albums represent a kind of career stage where flat career tropes (returning to my dancefloor origins!) meet desires for mass appeal and, perhaps, anxieties of said appeal already being at risk of fading away. It will be interesting to see if, let alone how, she'll wheel out Rain on Me in 2035.

20. Enigma remains best thing here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.