Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1444 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I've never heard that Me Against The Music story, but it wouldn't surprise me. Janet wanted to work with them too around the same time and it fell through.

Noir likes this.
  2. Spot on. This part of the Slant review sent me to the moon:

LTG, joe_alouder, sapnu puas and 16 others like this.
  3. Chromatica II slaps hard (interlude) hard and segues effortlessly into 911.

Saetana, Maki and Noir like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Basement Jaxx are phenomenal

evilsin, 4Roses, constantino and 28 others like this.
  5. The Slant review is pretty spot on

Euphoria, nikkysan, Maki and 5 others like this.
  6. Dddd the stressed and pressed Monsters in the comments section.

7. Okay so the album's out and it's extremely good. What are the chances that we get remixes? This might be her most remixable work. Pretty much every single song is asking for an extended mix at the very least.

8. I’m sorry that you felt ridiculed. I just thought it was an autocorrect fail, which always amuses me. But I can see how it could be interpreted as making fun of your spelling and I’m sorry for that.

I also understand the sense of being ridiculed on the basis of for example your socioeconomic background. I’ve thought about it lately how some jokes and rants here are a little elitist and seem to target people who aren’t considered educated enough or displaying the “proper” taste in pop music. There is a very obvious cultural class aspect to a lot of those jokes/opinions. It really bugs me since that kind of behavior was what kept me from expressing my love for pop music while growing up. I do understand that banter like that is part of the forum culture here, I just wish that it didn’t have to be as elitist and mean spirited sometimes. I might be doing too much about this but it always makes me sad when I realize I’m part of something that might be exclusionary to other people. And I’m not saying that I’m not part of that problem, I probably am sometimes.

enhanced CD and Crisp X like this.
  9. BTG

BTG

In terms of 90s house/trance soundscapes I wish she’d explored, her voice over something as lush and dreamlike as this would’ve ended me.

Crisp X, nikkysan, Lander and 5 others like this.
  10. Supposedly we may be hearing alternate versions at some point but so far we've gotten...one. For Stupid Love.

tiredmindykaling.png
    Alice's chord progression reminds me of this for some reason. I would love if Orbital got to remix it.

Noir, aux and BTG like this.
  11. He’s the whole cigar.

12. A unified remix album with a purpose would be incredible. Whomst do I have to blow to make that happen?

13. [​IMG]

14. it was an autocorrect fail but when I read back through I read the word I think I’ve wrote because of my dyslexia which is why it happens a lot to me.

I understand it wasn’t your intention I never thought you were being deliberately mean spirited it’s just it can get a bit exhausting when it happens all the time. At the end of the day I’m not annoyed at you I’m just annoyed so apology accepted.

Eskapism likes this.
  15. Mom just chilling with our other mom

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  16. Sam

Sam

5EBAC955-FC77-473B-A0EB-53CD0D8EB526.jpeg

I work with this tiny baguette and I’m so close to blocking him. He kept posting photos last night of himself crying with his headphones in.

GET A GRIP
    WALK A MILE
    YOUR STATUSES
    AREN’T WORTHWHILE

QUIET DOWN
    BABBLE NOT
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH
    BABYLON

evilsin, Sail On, LTG and 38 others like this.
  17. And on a Facebook status, the secondhand embarrassment of it all

[​IMG]

evilsin, constantino, LTG and 37 others like this.
  18. Sam

Sam

This is the one who surreptitiously let me know he was gay by saying he was scared to get tickets when I was singing Stupid Love one day. Little did i know ..... :(

19. Is it though?

They kind of missed the entire point of the song dd.

20. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Well I don't love the album. It's certainly not offensive, but its down there with ARTPOP.

'Plastic Doll', 'Rain On Me', and '911' are probably the best of a bland 2014 bunch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.