Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1445 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Slant magazine? The one that gave The Fame 2.5/5, Joanne 3/5... Keep it.

Saetana and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  2. ₛᵢcₖ ₐₙd ₜᵢᵣₑd ₒf wₐₖᵢₙg ᵤₚ
    ₛcᵣₑₐₘᵢₙg ₐₜ ₜₕₑ ₜₒₚ ₒf ₘy ₗᵤₙgₛ

ₜₕᵢₙₖ ᵢ ₘᵢgₕₜ'ᵥₑ ⱼᵤₛₜ ₗₑfₜ ₘyₛₑₗf bₑₕᵢₙd
    ₘₐₑₛₜᵣₒ, ₚₗₐy ₘₑ yₒᵤᵣ ₛyₘₚₕₒₙy

ᵢ wᵢₗₗ ₗᵢₛₜₑₙ ₜₒ ₐₙyₜₕᵢₙg
    ₜₐₖₑ ₘₑ ₒₙ ₐ ₜᵣᵢₚ, Dⱼ, fᵣₑₑ ₘy ₘᵢₙd

[​IMG]

myblood, Robert, Verandi and 14 others like this.
  3. Edu

Edu

This could've easily been a Chromatica track. Actually, the entire album feels like Planet Y2K's wealthier, classically-trained, went-to-study-abroad-in-Europe, older cousin from New York.

Crisp X and Noir like this.
  4. Bonus Basement Jaxx appreciation - when they used U Don’t Know Me to soundtrack Makosi’s Best Bits on BB6! A cigarette was born!

Lisa Kekaula turned these collaborations to absolute gold.

4Roses, constantino, LTG and 11 others like this.
  5. After my first listen...

Great
    Alice (absolutely love this, this is vintage Gaga!)
    Rain On Me (a real grower, happy it's a hit)
    911 (works up a groove, love her "clipped" singing style)
    Sine From Above (a mess that works, the breakbeat at the end took me by surprise)
    Babylon (unabashedly love this in all its cheesy glory – that sax is EVERYTHING)

Good
    Sour Candy (played out sample, but a good brainless bop)

OK
    Replay (muddy production stops it from reaching its full potential)
    Enigma (great vocals, but I hate how it sounds like she's saying "I'll be your enema")
    1000 Doves (perfectly serviceable filler)
    Free Woman (see above)
    Love Me Right (it's basic, but I like it more than some of the songs that made the cut)

Bin It
    Plastic Doll (hackneyed, cliche...no one needs this in 2020)
    Stupid Love (production is shit, so lazy how it sounds like Do What U Want sped up)
    Fun Tonight (starts off interesting, gets tanked by the navel-gazing second verse & bad production)

I still need time to figure out how I feel about this as a body of work. I can tell you this is her worst-produced album by a long mile (thanks, Bloodpop!). Some of the choices here are just baffling.

sesita and Maki like this.
  6. Did anyone talked about "Love Me Right"?

It's the best "THE CURE" B-Side.

Has not place on Chromatica, but good to have!

7. I think it would be awesome if they paired a remix album up with a second disc of her original piano demos that the producers built off of. Maybe call up White Sea and include full length versions of the interludes as well.

8. Send To Bobby Immediately.mp3

9. I think Sal tends to be fairly reserved in his criticisms, though. He's not on some kind of Juzwiak haterade.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  10. aux

aux

Me liking this post with my current avatar.

[​IMG]

myblood, evilsin, 4Roses and 52 others like this.
  11. Sam

Sam

C2BDAA94-1770-4523-88F4-065104D71F7F.jpeg

Scream I wonder if I should tell him the bad news

myblood, 4Roses, constantino and 18 others like this.
  12. Okay, well this made me weirdly emotional, but I’m also clocking that it seems to be an official visual? I noticed the Chromatica symbol on the robot’s arm at the end. Really amazing either way.

myblood, Saetana, Someboy and 18 others like this.
  13. R92

R92

myblood, evilsin, 4Roses and 51 others like this.
  14. This basically

I do like the album. It just doesn’t take me to the places I felt it was promising

15. RJF

RJF

I'm listening to The Fame and honestly... these crunchy, fabulous album tracks were just too much for the girls to take. They could hear that three day old hairspray in her wig and that perpetual snort of a cistern sniffer and it sent them running. Funk the punk indeed.

I can't help myself
    I'm addicted to a life of material
    It's some kind of joke
    I'm obsessively opposed to the typical

All we care about is runway models
    Cadillacs and liquor bottles
    Give me something I wanna be
    Retro glamor Hollywood, yes, we live for the

FAME! Doin' it for the fame
    'Cause we wanna live the life of the rich and famous
    Fame, doin' it for the fame
    'Cause we gotta taste for champagne and endless fortune

[​IMG]

16. I totally agree with this. My timeline seems to be almost unanimously worshipping it, and while I love the message and the lyrics, I really just cannot buy into the production. It veers off into just noise at points. Which is strange because most of the album, if anything, lacks that hallmark of most Gaga records.

popzone and Fluorocarbon like this.
  17. I’ve had the album on today again and let it marinate for a bit. It’s not bad, I enjoy it a lot for all its basic boppery, but it’s just not the album we’d been promised? All the watered down references, the way it’s all so polished. It’s a collection of excellent Eurovision entries which isn’t a bad thing, but not what I really wanted from a Gaga album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.